Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST Brushless Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
wormburner62
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST Brushless Build

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="color: #003300">So I finally desided to convert my gst to electric and so far its frikin awesome and hauls balls. I couldn't afford $135 for 2 little pieces of aluminum so i had to figure out how to do it with what i had. So basically what i did is the obvious, Got rid of all thing nitro on it. Then i started thinking about what plastic i could cut off to lighten it up and make it a clean looking build so i started hacking away. I cut all the servo mounts off on top so I had a nice flat place to put the esc and then cut a bunch off the tranny housing and got rid of all the gears besides the center diff which is what it is running on but i think i will buy the matrix diff as soon as i have a few extra bucks but everything else is stock. Feel free to comment and ask any questions, i will reply as soon as i can. Here are some pics and a video of my first run but i'm only on 1 battery until i know the build will handle 6S. I'm 99% sure it can handle it but theres always the 1% it won't so as soon as i go 6S i'll take video and post it.

Hereare the parts i bought:

Mamba monster system 2200KV
19T pinion
HPI savage flux battery boxes
2- Sky lipos 3S 5000mah

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/wormburner62/?action=view&curren;t=gstelectric001.mp4
</span></span>
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: GST Brushless Build

Good job figuring out how to convert it to brushless without the SMRC Kit. I did the Kit as soon as it was released so I only paid $75 bucks shipped and I love it but it looks like yours will work pretty good to. I plan to take mine out this weekend to shoot some video FINALLY. Been super busy. Enjoy it and take a video and share it, not many on youtube so those of us with tthe BL GST need to create some more videos. I absolutely love this truck!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM
wormburner62
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks man!

I guess it worked out that the smrc kit is $135 now because if it was still $75 i probably would've just bought it and never bothered to try it this way so i guess it worked out. It definately runs great though.

I've been following your thread so need to see some good vids.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: wormburner62

Thanks man!

I guess it worked out that the smrc kit is $135 now because if it was still $75 i probably would've just bought it and never bothered to try it this way so i guess it worked out. It definately runs great though.

I've been following your thread so need to see some good vids.
No problem, Yah no one can even get ahold of Scott at SMRC anymore. I hope the guy is ok, but he basically disappeared.....?

I got my GST all running good, i'll get a video together shortly, I know I keep saying that but lately i've been super busy. As of now I should be ready to shoot some more videos, have a final weight on the truck fully converted etc. All I can say is this sucker is heavy, I can;t bash it like I do my Revo/Flux because it's so much harder to control in the air, first big jump was a disaster breaking my new front Aluminum upeer A Arm. I need to find the Aluminum C hubs, i've broken 3 already into tiny pieces lol.

It's a completely different beast, not good for big jumps, but great for hill climbs, running in the fields and smaller bashing around, definitely don't hit over 10+ feet like I did or it's breakage for sure. I do plan to backflip this baby one good time off this big hill I run on, but I need to get it on video.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 AM
savage dust bunny

Very intersting mod you got here :-)<div>
</div><div>A quick question, how is the motor "mount" holding up? I am thinking of perhaps trying this route as well as I will have an extra gearbox next week ready for drilling into!</div><div>
</div><div>I haven't seen anyone else mounting the motor directly into/onto the gearbox before. </div><div>
</div><div>I am currently planning on making do with a 4mmx4mm thick L-angle alu mount.</div><div>
</div><div>Cheers</div><div>
</div><div>Mark</div>