Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Custom RC crawler

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 06:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Custom RC crawler

Here is a little thing I made out of a Wheely King, and some other things 5 or so years back that I forgot about

Parts breakdown

Rails are Real SCX10 rails, body post is a SCX 10's(I'm not sure where I put the front one), and I think the drive shafts from the gear box might be a SCX10's, and I believe I ordered a cheap screw kit for a SCX10 as I was out of screws.

Gear box, front, and rear axle, motor, shocks, and ESC are from the Wheely king I also have the optional WK high torque add on gear box(HPI made it) with an after marker 90 degree motor mount on it that unfortunately makes it so it can never be used in a Wheely king again as I had to cut off 2 of the mounts on the side to allow me to install a motor.

Radio box is traxxas

All the purple parts, the red gear box cover, diff locker, and the shock holders are 3d printed, and the links were made by hand.

For the parts that look like Axial those parts were based off a 3d model I found 5 years back that someone made of a SCX 10 the person made a perfect replica of it in a STL file with each part modeled separately in the file. So I broke it apart in blender, and modified the parts to fit the real rails. Like the center gearbox holder was heavily modified to let the WK box screw in.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 07-24-2024 at 06:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
suburban_hooligan (07-24-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 06:42 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well here is a picture of the diff locker I made for the rear, but didn't end up installing.

Seems the rear axle had a real HPI one made of metal. That must be the extra axle I ordered a few years back as the ones off my original Wheely king, and the axles I made from HPI MT1 differentials I know didn't have it.

Basically the 4 screws are there so it won't strip out from the torque as the original one I had in the front the hole rounded out.

The pic is a bit blurry cause the camera on my phone is kinda poor, but you can see what it is.

Basically to install it in the front I put the shafts into the diffs body, and then into that, and tightened the screws down, and then assembled it with the shafts, and bearings in place, and then shoved it back in the axle. It was slightly harder to assemble that way then it would be stock so no big deal