Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Cincinnati Jets: Regarding Event

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Cincinnati Jets: Regarding Event

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cincinnati Jets: Regarding Event

It is less than two weeks until the third annual Cincinnati Jets and we are planning another great event.

We want to inform everyone attending that the airport has recently added a skydiving school which is located on the airport grounds. We do not expect this to have a great impact on our event, but want everyone attending to know that we have analyzed this situation and held several meetings to discuss safety concerns. Our first meeting was with the airport manager and staff, the operations manager for the skydiving school, and three jet pilots, including Bob Belluomini, Mike Molnar, and myself. Most individuals attending this event know at least one or all of us.

Everyone at the meeting agreed that by maintaining excellent communication with the pilots of the skydiving school, the airport manager, and our own spotters for the jet pilots we can have a great event operated in a very safe manner.

A meeting was also held during Kentucky Jets with quite a few of the attendees from last years’ Cincinnati Jets event. The plan for conducting this years’ event was explained and everyone at the meeting said they still intend to come this year. Lastly, we consulted with another jet event organizer that has contended with a similar situation in the past and he assured us that with the proper people in place and good communication we should not have any issues.

I cannot stress enough that safety is our number one concern and none of the parties involved would allow us to continue with the event at Hook Field if we could not conduct it safely. We do not anticipate the need for having delays during the event, but I do want everyone to know that a delay, in the interest of safety, may happen from time to time.

The good news is, this year we plan to fly through the noon hour each day with no shutdowns for half time shows or demos. Our flight times should be from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on Friday and Saturday and until 3:00 pm on Sunday. This gives us twelve hours of flight time on Friday and Saturday and we are trying to get the approval to have open flying on Thursday.

The majority of the skydiving will take place on Saturday with very little activity on Thursday and Friday. Sunday is a very slow day for skydiving as well.

It gets more and more difficult every year to find great venues for jet events. All involved with Cincinnati Jets are doing everything we can to make this another great, safe and fun year. We hope to continue Cincinnati Jets at this site for many years to come.

Thanks,
Gary Jefferson
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 PM
gooseF22

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cincinnati Jets: Regarding Event

Im goin!! see ya in a couple weeks..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Gary Jefferson

I will post an aerial view of the airport this evening.

Gary
Old 07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary,
Per our phone conversation, we will be arriving Thursday afternoon. I would personally like to invite all in attendance to join us for a Thursday evening BBQ at the hangar. Wren Turbines will be hosting the event. Although it isn't neessary...feel free to bring your favorite covered dish.

On Friday nite we will be preparing a chicken dinner with fresh corn on the cob for all registered pilots.

See you soon!!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Gary Jefferson

We're less than a week away from Cincinnati Jets, Thunder in the Sky

Ron Ballard will be hosting a Thursday night "man grilled" dinner. Friday night, we'll be serving a chicken dinner (grilled by none other than Ron) with corn on the cob and watermelon, and Saturday night, we'll have pork with lots of sides. Afterwards, the awards presentation and pilots drawings.

So far, we've received some great donations:

ElectroDynamics, Great Planes, Altecare, JetCat, Cermark and Troy Built Models

And there are more on the way!

We're looking forward to a great weekend with lots of flying and just having a good time.

See you there,

Gary and Sandy Jefferson
Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 86 Likes on 75 Posts

Gary a nice box of goodies arrived from BVM Jets.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:11 AM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

ManI wished I were coming. It looks like a little jet flying might break out in between all the cooking and eating!!!! lol. Sounds great guys. Post a lot of Pics and vids. mabey next year for sure!!!! Yall have a ball.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Gary Jefferson

Bob, that is great news!! BVM has supported many events over the years and it is nice to have them as a sponsor this year as well.

We also received an e-mail from Fly Eagle Jets yesterday informing us that they have shipped some very nice gifts as well. Thanks to Eddie Lozano for his help regarding the Fly eagle pilot gifts.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Gary Jefferson

For anyone planning to arrive prior to 2 pm on Thursday:

Please send a private message or call my cell 513-910-5026 as soon as possible so we can make arrangements to get you into the airport.

Thanks,
Gary