Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is this truck a good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:29 PM
forewheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this truck a good choice?

Well, I just recently got in to the RC thing. This will be my first above radio shack truck. I was wondering if the Nitro Rush Evo is a good choice. All suggestions welcome.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Carnutz68
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Is this truck a good choice?

Dont no that much about Rush, but anytihing above Radio Shack is a good choice.
Welcome to the real world of RC, LOL
Old 09-23-2004, 10:32 PM
EdsWords

For bashing and running around the street the Rush is a good choice. I have one. The the T-15 makes good power and it handles pretty good too. If you never had a nitro vehicle before, the Roto-Start will make your life a lot easier.

Just like most RTR vehicle it comes with some slow servos but they get the job done. The first thing I would do is get a better set of rear shocks, metal turnbuckles, the optional aluminum slipper hub and fiberglass brake disc, and if money allows, universal drive shafts. Make sure you get a couple extra slipper clutches too.

If you are going to join a club and they are going to be racing, just get a Losi XXXNT or Associated RC10GT. They are really made to race. The Rush is not.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:45 AM
forewheeler

ORIGINAL: EdsWords

For bashing and running around the street the Rush is a good choice. I have one. The the T-15 makes good power and it handles pretty good too. If you never had a nitro vehicle before, the Roto-Start will make your life a lot easier.

Just like most RTR vehicle it comes with some slow servos but they get the job done. The first thing I would do is get a better set of rear shocks, metal turnbuckles, the optional aluminum slipper hub and fiberglass brake disc, and if money allows, universal drive shafts. Make sure you get a couple extra slipper clutches too.

If you are going to join a club and they are going to be racing, just get a Losi XXXNT or Associated RC10GT. They are really made to race. The Rush is not.
I went and looked at the Losi XXXNT. I saw three types The drake version, The sport, and the basic. Which is the best?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:48 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

If you are going to be driving in grass at all I'd stay away from stadium trucks
Old 09-24-2004, 07:40 AM
Memopad

Oh you would? And why is that? In the past 6 years, my GT and I have been just about everywhere this side of the moon
Old 09-24-2004, 03:23 PM
redheat8

Is that the only ST that your interested in? RED
Old 09-24-2004, 03:32 PM
forewheeler

Blah, I don't know everytime I think I've made up my mind, something else happends. Too many choices are sometimes a bad thing.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:34 PM
redheat8

I know what you mean I ended up with 6 of them and I still want more LOL RED
Old 09-24-2004, 03:58 PM
forewheeler

Do you think the RC10gt is a better choice then the Losi? I'm not really attached to any specific truck at this time.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:05 PM
redheat8

Well as you can see that is what I have and I do enjoy having one so I would say that it is a very good truck , losi makes great products also but I would stick with the GT, RED
Old 09-24-2004, 04:33 PM
wakbrdr

The hpi MT2 is also a good choice
Old 09-24-2004, 06:30 PM
WickedAirbrush

I am new to r/c as well and I am also looking at a stadium truck. Pick up a copy of the October issue of RC Car Action, there is a shoot out of the T4 and the Losi XXXT. Both are rated very high. The net of the results are the Losi is a little bit faster and the T4 is a bit easier to control. 2 pro's chose the T4 and four chose the Losi for the speed.

Because I am new to this and my 7 yr old son wants the same truck that I get, we decided on the easier handling truck; the T4. I plan on getting them this week. I have done quite a bit of research and from what I have read and heard, you can't go wrong with either.

Phil
Old 09-24-2004, 06:43 PM
redheat8

Youll have a blast with it , make sure that you get a good charger that has digital peak, and good cells , Epic 3000 there about 18. bux from tower hobby, Youll more than likely get 1500mah cells , make sure that the radios are on different frequ. or youll have problems, RED
Old 09-24-2004, 06:46 PM
forewheeler

I"ll go check Car Action out and read about that. I can tell from the inputs from everbody that although there are some top ones to choose from, it comes down to personal choice. Thanks for all the suggestions and helping out a newbie.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:05 PM
redheat8

good luck to ya, RED