Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Jeff Oliver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine

Hello everyone,

I recently brought in my Revo 3.3 for repairs. It has been stalling lately. We left it there over night for them to have a look out, and it turns out the pistons in the engine and all the insides of it is totally destroyed practically. That is what it only runs for a few minutes or so. I recieved a call of what the problem was and it turns out a small speck of sand or dirt got in the carburator. How, I do not know? (I always have my air filter on), and it turns out we need a hole new engine for my Revo 3.3. The engine that I had on it (Well, used to) was all scratched and almost like sand blasted on the inside from a fine pieace of sand or what not. Anyhow, that will need to be replaced.

Now, i'm quite new to the hole Nitro RC hobby, but I always see videos with people using different engines other then the stock TRX 3.3 Racing Engine that comes with the Revo 3.3. I was wondering the names of these engines, possibly some pictures and the price range. The TRX 3.3 is about 150 I believe? What are the other engine prices, colours, and do they have much better performance? If so, what should I do without spending to much more then the original engine that I may need to purchase.

Thanks,
Old 04-24-2008, 02:03 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New engine

get a os motor of the same size, if you dont race, or if you dont know how to jump and bash, keep the power mild, with power comes great responcibilty (yes i know, spiderman) but really, powerfull engines will eat hexes, will bend dog bones, will tear the teeth of gears and more, and this happens more when you dont know how to handle a car with that much power, giving it gas landing a jump means lots of damage to the drive train.

again, stay mild, no reason for over kill. and again OS is your best bet.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Jeff Oliver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

get a os motor of the same size, if you dont race, or if you dont know how to jump and bash, keep the power mild, with power comes great responcibilty (yes i know, spiderman) but really, powerfull engines will eat hexes, will bend dog bones, will tear the teeth of gears and more, and this happens more when you dont know how to handle a car with that much power, giving it gas landing a jump means lots of damage to the drive train.

again, stay mild, no reason for over kill. and again OS is your best bet.
Who said I have no controll of my Revo? I race at my local track weekly, placed 1st several times.

Anyways, the OS motor? Is it faster then the TRX 3.3 or weeker? What the price of it?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
The_Shark

just assumed since you are new to nitro, sorry.

first off i need to know the mounting size of the enigne.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:18 PM
The_Shark

this has a nice bolt on design, its designed for revos.

it runs $220-250 so its moderatly expencive.[link=http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2082.html].21 TM[/link]

it puts out 1.8 hp and 35k rpm, pretty good stats

this is the one i would buy though that is IF it fits, it should. [link=http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2058.html]21VG[/link]
and runs $170

the 3.3 can be found for 130 new on ebay.