Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Mariner 40 Movie

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Mariner 40 Movie

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 PM
f2titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mariner 40 Movie

Hey every one! My son Justin and I (ok...mostly him) just finished our Mariner 40. It has an OS 61 FX. We took it down to the lake by our house and tried it out. This was our first attemp at flying off water. What a kick! I invite everyone to check out our movie of her first flight. You'll need to have quicktime loaded. At the top of the page, look for Mariner 40 iMovie. Enjoy

http://homepage.mac.com/kenquist

Thx...
Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 PM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Mariner 40 Movie

WOW,

SMOKIN VID [sm=thumbup.gif] great soundtrack with arguably the greatest rock band to ever grace a stage!!

You sure that was truley the maiden???, that flight looked completely uneventfull Congrats on a nice new plane, i'm just finishing up a Mariner too (120 though), and i hope the maiden goes half as well as your went. Nice job, again, congrats.......
Old 08-27-2005, 12:01 AM
f2titan

Well...ok. Thats the power of video, and editing. Let me clairify. That was our "maiden day". We shot video of the first three flights of that day. The take off and landing used was the number 2 flight. Yes, number one landing was a bit dicy [X(]. But, my boy is a good flyer. The flying is splices of all three flights. And yes, I think the song matches GREAT!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
f2titan

Hey Skypilot. Get your Mariner 120 in the water yet? What are you using for power?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:51 AM
SKYPILOT
My Feedback: (9)

Hey f2titan,

I'm close, i'm working on the pod as we speek. I installed a Saito 150, opened up the fuel tank bay slightly to except a 20oz. tank, (an upgrade from the stock 16oz.), and the mod i'm working on right now is, i'm making the fueltank coverplate fit flush into the pod.

For those not familiar with this kit, the stock plate is larger than the opening, and Lanier's manual tells you to just glue or tape it over the hole (YUK!!!) it looked terrible that way, so i'm opening and cleaning the hole up a bit, and shaving down the hatch to match the new opening.

Then, mount up the finished pod to the fuse/hull, mount the switch, pack the RX and batt, add decals, C/G it and she should be ready to have a go.

Theirs an outside chance of getting her in the air this holiday wknd., but i also have to go to fallen modeler Mark Mcalpine's funeral on friday, attend the LA heli fun fly on saturday, pick up my new Honda Pilot somewhere in all of this, and still try to get the big Mariner done and flown. Lilke i said, it's an outside chance, and will most likely be next wknd.