Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Over Heating problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 04:00 PM
R.Runyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over Heating problem

Hello,

I have a Sig Cap 231EX that I am having a little over heating problem with after I put the Cowl on.
My SETUP is...a MOKI 1.35 (with about 4 hours of break in) and I have a Bisson pits muffler on it with about a 3.5" X 8.5" exit cut in the cowl.

Could someone show me a good way to put a Baffle in so as not to have anymore trouble I real want to put the cowl on.

Thanks, Robin
Old 08-03-2002, 12:57 AM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Robin,

Can't help you with the baffle. Sounds like you have more than enough exit to intake ratio. What type of fuel are you running? I flew a Moki 2.10 on Byron FAI fuel with no problems. Some of the larger glows don't like the nitro if thats what your using. Just a thought.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:37 AM
R.Runyan

Chook,

I am running FAI Fuel NO Nitro and 5/32 ID line. I have a 24 OZ. tank in it and I set the high end with about 1/8th tank of fuel in it.
Runs real strong and very reliable with out the cowl...lol soon as I put it on, it over heats, I do not want to ruin this engine, but I really want to put this cowl on.

Thanks,
Robin
Old 08-05-2002, 01:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any way you could attach a pic?
Old 08-05-2002, 04:02 PM
BrianB
My Feedback: (2)

Default Moki Overheating

If you have opened up both intakes on the front of the cowl that could be a problem, I only open up the one in front of the cylinder and leave the otherone blocked off. My 2.10 in a edge gave me problems until I blocked off the one side. { I assume that the motor is mounted side ways }. This allows air to only enter and go accross the engine, if you open up the other side all the air will go through it and not over the engine.