Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

See RCU on your PlayStation3! Join Discussion Here

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

See RCU on your PlayStation3! Join Discussion Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default See RCU on your PlayStation3! Join Discussion Here

TikGames and Creat Studios to Release Smash Cars for the Playstation® Network August 20

RC Cars Arcade Racing Game to Feature Real-Time Physics, Next- Generation Graphics and Online Multiplayer
http://www.creatstudio.com/games/smash-cars.php

August 13, 2009 – TikGames (San Mateo, CA) and Creat Studios (Canton, MA) today announced that Smash Cars, the next release under the partnership between the two companies to deliver next generation console games, will be available for download on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system on Thursday, August 20th. A follow-up to the original Smash Cars, Creat’s 2003 ‘no rules’ RC (radio-controlled) racing game, the successful franchise returns to the PlayStation on the PLAYSTATION3® computer entertainment system, offered via Sony’s PlayStation® Network.

Watch for RCUniverse.com billboards, car skins, etc., as you race through the course racking up points on your way to the finish line.

Real-time physics, innovative stunts and next-generation graphics combine into a dynamic, tricked-out single and multiplayer RC car racing experience where players twist and turn, grind and gear up, performing aerial tricks and stunts while racking up trophies and points as they race to the finish, all in an unlikely location. Set on a beautiful and tranquil Mediterranean island, the fast-moving, bumper car gameplay style transforms this calm and relaxing setting into a dynamically frenzied raceway. A high-speed mini car racing game with a distinct arcade flavor, gameplay is presented from the unique perspective of a small RC vehicle, setting out to conquer the big world. Players will enjoy realistic driving physics and suspension as the tiny vehicles interact with full-size people and other beach dwellers along their path to victory.

“Smash Cars brings an exciting new action racing experience unlike anything else. TikGames is excited to work with Creat Studios to bring another innovative, high-end title to gamers on the PlayStation® Network,” said Anatoly Tikhman, Founder and CEO of TikGames, LLC.

To win the race, RC vehicles must achieve nitro-fueled rocket boosts for accelerated speed bursts by grabbing big air and pulling off gnarly tricks and jumps. Points are earned by performing the best jumps and aerial tricks, hitting dynamic obstacles, colliding with other cars, skidding and “drifting” along sharp turns, and finishing first. Players can choose from the default Monster Truck style chassis, Buggy or Sports Car configurations, and a visit to the Workshop offers players the opportunity to personalize their vehicle by selecting paint color, glass styles, and decals. Additional body styles are unlocked as players advance.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: See RCU on your PlayStation3! Join Discussion Here

Oh god, that game looks absolutitely horrible. I can't believe that the Virtual RC staff of about 10 guys can make such a better game than the hundreds of people involved in this project. Looks like another RC game where it is completely unrealistic. VRC FTW! v3.5 is good now, but pro will be absolutitely stunning!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Since when did 1/10 cars have boost?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM
DarkFire989

I believe this game was already discussed before. And if I do recall we didnt like it that much the first time[&:]
Old 08-18-2009, 05:11 AM
smenton

Sounds terrible.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Nathan

Watch for RCUniverse.com billboards, car skins, etc., as you race through the course racking up points on your way to the finish line.
As popular as this game seems to be, I'd say RCU flushed their advertising dollar down the toilet.

I'd like to see someone come out with Re-volt 2 (or something more like that game). This game on the other hand is just [:'(] .
Old 08-18-2009, 07:50 AM
tommygun32

Well now, let's see.....for the cost of this game I could either buy some neat upgrades or normal spares for my real RC car......

Not a hard choice that one.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:30 AM
TIGER76

Next gen graphics?! where? with games like killzone2,uncharted2,gt5 etc i think thats stretching the truth a little bit.
Would be nice to have a decent rc sim on ps3 but this isnt it tbh.
It looks arcadey, the handling looks sketchy at best and those gfx []
Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
magnus213

I'm not really sure why there would a video game about R/C cars. If it's not real driving, it might as well just be a simulation of the real thing.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
traxxas4ever

yeah.......
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
tommygun32

You're spot on Magnus....

But then that would mean a games developer using that most elusive of common things.....common sense

It's the reason (i feel) that most of us are into RC. To simulate the actual 1:1 (to a degree) experience which I personally can't afford, hence my involvement in RC.

It gives me hands on experience with real world situations like changing handling characteristics of the car by changing the tires, diff oil viscosity, the shock oil or springs, camber, toe-in and out, tuning the engine, etc......

And the fact, that to do this, requires some level of mental / mechanical capacity, one would hope/think that a company like a PS3 games developer would realize this could at times be a bit much to ask for.....[&:]

Message to games developers.....don't underestimate your potential clients.

OK, that's me jumping off my soap box....out..
Old 08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
ElectricGuy007

The game looks ok, but doesnt it seem like a revolt knockoff. At least revolt had catchy music
this games music sounds so bad Id be playing with the music turned off.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

It gives me hands on experience with real world situations like changing handling characteristics of the car by changing the tires, diff oil viscosity, the shock oil or springs, camber, toe-in and out, tuning the engine, etc......
You can do all of that in Virtual RC v4 pro coming soon, and everything except tuning the engine in the curent version. In Pro you can choose your fuel, nitro and oil percentage, tune the engine, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
traxxas4ever

cool. i might look into that game.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 PM
-SomeGuy-

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................” :,........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`. ......._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`... ..}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

This game looks horrible!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:02 AM
tommygun32

See!!! Someguy. Your graphics has more potential than the game's!!!

Chris_RC, now that's something I'd be willing to invest in. Cheers
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Chris_RC, now that's something I'd be willing to invest in. Cheers
Go on ebay, search VRC. It is about $20 for all 14 tracks and unlimited racing license. Then get the VRC-2 or 3 adapter for $20 or $30 and use your existing radio. Or do what I did and get a cheap $6 clone off a store in Hong Kong, or get it for $10 at nitrorcx.com and that is a US store.