Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Acme Condor

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:59 AM
YZ80racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acme Condor

Who on here owns or used an Acme Condor and how was your experience with using it.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Battoo

Default RE: Acme Condor

I Bought my son one for christmas and for the price of £130 with everything you need i think it is a fantastic car apart from a wheel falling off on the first run it is undoubtedly the best car for my 6 year old son. I did also have a problem with stiff wheels but after i sanded the black plastic hexagonal spacer on each wheel to prevent it from rubbing on the bearing it is sound. I feel that if it gets broken it may take me a while to get replacement parts at my local model shop
Old 12-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Battoo

Its also very slow compared to most rc buggies but it starts first time every time. it uses an awful lot of fuel aswell it only lasts about 8 mins before you need to top up again
Old 12-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Ryan11

Yea my mate has got 1, Theyre good for bashing coz the parts on them are so think :P Nice and cheap, and fast! lol With the BMW thirsty .18 engine has enough to power it and its twin gear gearbox.

Ryan.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
YZ80racer

How much faster does the condor pro go then the regular condor if anyone knows there tops speeds.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:28 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

"SPEED (AS TESTED, CONDOR):
31.81 mph"

Thats coming from RC Driver in their most recent issue.

Ratings for the buggy were:
Jumping and Handling - 7
On- and Off-Power Steering - 8
Acceleration and Braking - 8
On-Road Pavement - 9
Handling and Turning - 7
Chassis - 9
Drivetrain - 8
Suspension - 8
Steering - 8
Engine - 9
Radio System - 7
Body and Appearance - 9
Wheels and Tires - 8
Durability - 8
Ease of Use - 8

Most of those rating came from both vehicles but they said in most cases the cars were similar to each other.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 PM
YZ80racer

Is the condor a one speed because im confused? Some websites say its a 2 speed and some say its a one.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:54 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: YZ80racer

Is the condor a one speed because im confused? Some websites say its a 2 speed and some say its a one.
I beleive the Condor is a single speed, whilst the Condor Pro is a 2-speed. I think that is actually the only difference between the two. [EDIT] Or maybe not...
Old 12-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Roc UK

I have a Condor Pro, considering it is cheap it is very good.

One thing, the 2nd gear does not work and not being all that techie on RC cars yet I don't know what to be looking for to be honest. I've had it apart but everything looks ok. When it changes up the car just stops moving although the engine races.

The Pro has 2 speeds. metal shocks and better bearings than the standard car.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 AM
cordia

my condor pro has the same problem. The 2 speed didn't work out of the box. [:@] I'm going to try to get another 2 speed from another car or maybe just get the condor 1 speed trans. I'm alittle mad because i got it for x-mas and haven't been able to play with it. [:@]
Old 12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Roc UK

Good idea about the 2 speed from another car, anyone know what would fit?
Old 12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
cordia

I took my acme condor pro to a R/C guy that really knows his stuff and he took it apart like 7 times looking and ajusting it and it still wouldn't work. But today I said to myself what the hell lets play with it for the first time sence I got it for x-mas and the 2 speed still didn't work. I was holding it in my hand off the ground and I reved the motor and then just held it wide open and it changed gears.[sm=confused.gif] [sm=eek.gif]

I sat it down and started off and it worked I have no idea what I did but I ran the hole tank of gas out and it never sliped or reved up high.

but still does anyone know what 2 speed trans fits in the condor???

or can anyone tell me how the 2 speed works?

thanks

[link=http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=9135ACE7B1AFE20A]my acme condor pro motor break in[/link]
[link=http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=E63A30D3DC6D5D1B]Breaking in my Acme Condor Pro[/link]

Old 01-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Snaut Rocket

Does anybody know where to get replacement parts for the condor pro. I'm having trouble getting parts from the place I bought the car from.
Raiden/Tech.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Battoo

Try here: http://www.********.co.uk/products.php?cat=10

Well priced

I would recommend you buy traxxas t-maxx shocks as these fit perfect and the car is much better @ handling.

You guys having problems with the two speed, try adjusting the mixture screw to open the engine to its limit, i reckon the mechanisms are a bit stiff and just need a little persuasion
Old 03-25-2006, 11:24 AM
coded

im having this car for just a week and already have a problem.. i hardly started it, did the braking in, then had a ride and then it suddenly started to go off.. now i can start it only with throttle down, and when i release it it goes off.. and when i hold the throttle down, wheels are spinning. so basically i cant start it with wheels not spinning.. can anyone suggest me what to do, to get it fixed? thank you
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 PM
RiseAgainst017

john www.internet-rc.com carrys parts for it. it is also inthe U.S. my condor pro can get up to 70 mph in an open area i also get about 20 min on one tank of fuel the only problem for me was a wacky throttle servo i got it replaced. i got all that with the pro stock before the new servo.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
RiseAgainst017

coded ur problem iswith the pullstart i suggest going to internet-rc.com and getting the tiger drive drill start it is also availible at nitrotec (i use internet-rc because its in the U.S.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 AM
jkulhanek

Actually i think his problem is his idle screw has come loose and is closing the carb off.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:59 AM
RiseAgainst017

if it goes trys to drive off when its idoling just try tuning it with ur control. but after i broke mine in it did the same thing but it was with the pull start.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
coded

well, im not too woried about the condor cause i have tamiya nitro force anyway, and this car ir 100x better then acme condor.. anyway, will try your suggestions and see whats happening.. im uk btw
Old 04-20-2006, 01:27 PM
bhinton

here man www.rchighspeed.com and http://www.internet-rc.com/
Old 05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Jacko1969

RE: Acme Condor

1 major factor concerning this car is the tacky lightweight clutchbell, i have seen these crack and fall to pieces on this car as well as the Cyclone and the Conquistador, As you probably can imagine having an alloy clutch shoe rubbing against a maybe somewhat "softer" clutchbell will induce some/Extreme wear, maybe Acme/Team Infinity should have considered steel clutchbell as on the Thunder Tiger TS4N.

as for parts, from my experience there is not much of difference between them and can be interchanged between each of the models, with the exception of a few noticable differences, EG: conquistador upper and lower front and rear arms are longer than the cyclones, and thats the only difference that seperates the two cars, (the things people do to make some cash) Like "awww stuff it, stick on longer arms, longer drive shafts and bigger wheels and we'll call it THE CONQUISTADOR". IMHO i think its pretty lame and below the belt, although it could be classed as a BUDGET entry level car.

as for the unanswered "How the 2 speed works", easy the 1st gear has a one way clutch bearing, so when revs are applied the 1st gear rotates, turning the drive shaft, situated next to the 1st gear is the 2nd gear who's clutch is firmly fixed to the rotating drive shaft via grub screw, once the revs reach a level (set prior to starting) the 2nd gears clutch engages thus transfering all the energy from the 1st gear onto the 2nd gear. the easiest way to see this work is to clamp the drive shaft in a drill chuck and apply power, you will experience the gear change without it going anywhere, I actually sat for days on end pondering over how it worked, and even though i knew how it worked and actually looking at it I still thought "nah this cant work" what threw me i think was the fact that BOTH gears spin, taking my attention away from the 2nd clutch and making me ask myself "how the hell can this work if BOTH gears are spinning", anyone with any knowledge will tell you exactly the same Ahem I HOPE
Old 01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
knucks

I Have a conquistador with the 15 motor and I<m having a hard starting problem ,its got about 10 mins on the mill and it does not want to start ,and if it does start it won't run well with out the heater on the golw plug any body HELP!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:47 PM
mindwreck

most likely its a bad plug