Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Geez, i am flying with no gyro at all!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Geez, i am flying with no gyro at all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 06:15 AM
moy71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geez, i am flying with no gyro at all!

Geez, i am flying with no gyro at all! [ 1 ]

hey guys, i a must be a real minority here. i am a heli newbie, and i just bought a hummingbird a week ago. i initially had trouble with the heli rotating steadily clockwise (yes, the gyro was hooked up correctly), then motor spooling up (causing heli to gain altitude) after i center my rudder stick.

well, i was finally able to fix everything with my computer TX by dialling in 77% left rudder. at this point, i noticed that the gain knob on my GWS PG-03 gyro was very near zero. the setting know was also near zero. then i figured, what the heck, if these are my settings, i might as well just take the damn thing off & save a bit of weight. so thats what i did. now i fly without a gyro and the only help i get with the tail is the hummingboard & my TX which as mentioned is on 77% left rudder. at this setting, i can take off & land with minimal rudder inputs. totally wierd?!?!

initially i thought i had a broken gyro but it was broken but i confirmed it wasn't as when i jerk the nose left, my dd tail would automatically come on to counter it. and yes, the prop was facing correctly (letter facing the motor).

anyway, i just wanted to share this with anyone who is willing to read it as i find it fascinating that flying without a gyro is quite easy. anywone else tried this before?

my setup:
HB v2
2s Lipo
hummingboard mixer (P10 on order)
370 main motor (astro 010 on order)
dd tail 0320 prop
PG-03 gyro (removed)
Old 12-26-2003, 11:44 AM
scimitar

Default RE: Geez, i am flying with no gyro at all!

thats funny- because i noticed that too- my gyro set perfectly with the light half red and half green- the heli was a mess- but when i cranked it all the way to red- the heli worked nice-- im going to just unplug it and try my luck there...
Old 12-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Hauptagon

Default RE: Geez, i am flying with no gyro at all!

I've experienced that too with the Hummingbird, once I get my rotors replaced I'll have to try disconnecting the gyro.