Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

eBay helicopter -- Spyhawk is Hummingbird

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

eBay helicopter -- Spyhawk is Hummingbird

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Hauptagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay helicopter -- Spyhawk is Hummingbird

I'm brand new to the forum, so if this is old news I apologize in advance.
After looking at the Piccolo, Hummingbird etc. I had also found on ebay a seller that was selling this "Spyhawk" heli http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2563 completely RTF for $190! After deliberating for about a week as to whether this was a real piece of **** chopper, I finally worked up the courage to "bite the bullet" and buy it (after reading alot of this seller's reviews). As it turns out, it is actually a really nice chopper, and after further investigation, I've found that almost all the parts are identical (with few exceptions) to those of the Hummingbird! The manual says it's a Colco Oris V-IV?? but the helicopter it self doesn't have any marking to suggest that. The only thing that says Colco is the radio, which is pretty decent. Why so cheap? Well, it did take a little bit of sense to get it flying -- the controls on the radio weren't standard (the throttle and left-right cyclic were on the radio's right stick, and the yaw and for-aft cyclic were on the left stick). I just rerouted the wires in the remote to make the controls standard (which was easyu). Other than thatm I am really happy with this purchase! Any other comments on this ebay seller/chopper?
Old 12-26-2003, 08:01 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eBay helicopter -- Spyhawk is Hummingbird

yeah I saw that, so how much was the shipping from hong kong?..Rog
Old 12-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Hauptagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: eBay helicopter -- Spyhawk is Hummingbird

Aaah, the shipping was $38 I believe, but it did arrive in four days.