Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

evolution 45 gas engine HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:05 AM
saintcreed
My Feedback: (205)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evolution 45 gas engine HELP

Need a little info from you gentlemen: using that term losely...Have a friend who burnt his up and needs a replacement. I have quite few gas engines, but no Evolution engines...so not being familar with them I need to know if one can use another inginition on this engine other than the stock ignition...With my experience with other types of gas engines, one can change out the stock ignition with say an rx iginiton.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It can be replaced with a RCexl or RCXP ignition but is not a direct bolt on replacement.

Option one is to file the flat spot where the original sensor mounts round like the rest of the front case and use a universal timing clamp located in the link below, total cost $57.00 plus $6.50 shipping.
http://www.rcextremepower.net/ignitions.html

Option two is I can make a custom pickup for it, Install and time the engine for $70.00 but you have to send me the engine. Cost is $80.00 plus return shipping.

option three is if it is a one magnet prop hub you can install a new magnet and use the existing mounting screw holes.

All my ignitions carry a two year warranty.

Milton