Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera #60 servos going crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
EugeneFlorida

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera #60 servos going crazy

Walker #60 with Brush motor, (My first)
History:
For the pass hour and a haft of running time over about a month period, I ran it up to make the heli ligh on the training gears and move it forward, back, right, left. Then I started to life off, just inches. Then found at full throttle I was about one foot off the ground.
I adjusted the Pitch from 9 to 11 degrees.. Now when I gave the throttle the Heli when UP. I kept it at about 3 feet.

THINGS STARTED TO HAPPEN: first I noticed that the heli would just drop and just touched the ground and then go back up.??? I stoped and looked it over but saw nothing.
Try again, seem to be OK,
Next day the controls on the main rotor seemed sluggish at five Feet off the ground
How the next day, just getting the Heli light on the training gear and the rotor blade when to the right and then back with out any input from the stick. Powered down..
I tried it again same thing..
Next I removed the rotor blades and run it up NOTHING.. Everything work perfectly.

Put the blades back on. Try again back to the main rotor blades working with out input.

Then I change the pitch back to 9 degrees tied the heli down to a table and ran it up.

MY GOD!!! The servos that controlled the main blades would just be jumping then the servos would make the blades to the right and then right back to level.

WHAT went wrong??? And how do I fix it???
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM
bikemad

Default RE: Walkera #60 servos going crazy

hi there, I'll try and help but I need to know a few things
first of you say you set the pitch to 11 from 9, how did you set it,?
also what do you use on the belt ?
have you earthed the boom ect ?
also try it with the motor unplugged, it's much easier to see what's happening safely, if you have done something wrong your spot it with out the motor,
I run would try a hover setting about -2 to plus 10 but I have a know more, what's the motor and battery on your heli, ?
Have you had any crashes, the servos are not that good on walkera's and will brake very easy, and it's quite comon for them to go, if it's all three try a new one or swop one thats not jumping around one that is and see if the jump goes with it, is a good ider to have spare servo,
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
EugeneFlorida

Pitch to 11 from 9,:
I used the User Handbook and the transmitter with pitch gauge.

What do you use on the belt ?
Nothing

Earthed the boom ect ?
I checked the boom with an ohm meter and screws on the braces at the horizontal fin goes into the boom connecting the boom to the braces and lower main frame.
I did ground the metal at the servos to the main frame

also try it with the motor unplugged, it's much easier to see what's happening safely, if you have done something wrong your spot it with out the motor,????
I removed the rotor blades and did not see any jumping. Put the blade on, the servos started to jump again.

motor.. Walkera 4000 HP Can not find the spec for this motor
battery 1200mah 10C 3s

crashes, NO

swap servos with one not jumping around
did not try this, no spare servos.. all three jumping.

I also put the Toroid on the speed controller (20A),( got three turns.
Move all the Servo wire from the speed controller side to the other side.
Put a hold in the canopy and put the antenna straight out the side.
Moves the antenna tube back and redid the antenna wire so I get a 5 inch lead at the end of the tube.

When I first got the Walker 60 as I started to move the heli on the ground, I would see the main blades jump or move weird by it self. Did not know what was causing it. But it was just once in awhile.

When I was ready to lift off the ground weeks later. I got a bigger battery 1800mah 20c 3s Use the heli twice and on the third time when spinning up the servo started to go crazy I stopped tried again..same thing. Unuseable. Put the smaller battery back in, the same jumping. The throttle would go from full on and by itself would drop down and then go back up. The three main rotor servo would jump and then go back. And every once in awhile full right aile or it seems like it was full.

After all the changes to stop the jumping I only use the original battery. And get the jumping like it was in the beginning.
Useable but not right.

I would appreciate any help to stop the jumping completely!!

Thanks
Eugene
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
bikemad

the reason I asked about the belt and the earthing is my 60 would get a bad glitch once in an hour's flight, I replaced the radio for a futaba 2,4 set but just after I did that to my heli I read that other's had the same problem with there 60s and silicon spray on the belt and extra earth straps plus antistatic rings on the power wire seem to work for them, ps I did the same as you with an ohm meter but it still glitched,I think it might need more, it's static electric, and if it's case of just try one thing at a time it's good to start with the cheapest and easiest to do,
it sounds like a glitch specially with the throttle being affected as well as the head servo's and if what I read is right it should be a static build up,
trying it with out the motor means it should work ok if it's static but if it's the TX it will play up, it seems as you use more power and make more static you problem starts, it's just one more test, to find a fault that's going to be hard to find, more a case of suck it and see than an easy answer,
the easy way out is to buy a futaba 6ex 2,4ghz, if you have the heli bug it would be a good time to move up to a reliable radio, if the walkera ones or any of the cheap ones worked well futaba wouldn't still be trading,
It could be the radio TX but there's no way of checking it properly, if the RX loses the signal it will go to a base setting,
Old 08-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Sardukar

crashes, NO
Well its possible that you've damaged the heli through practicing on the ground. But really low rpm vibration and some small hits shouldnt damage the servos. Is your battery still working properly? that would probably be the first thing i'd check.