Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

age old question: electric/nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:29 AM
avenali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default age old question: electric/nitro?

hey ya'll,
well how many times have you heard this question before? so does a person go gas or electric? and i know mostly it's personal preference, but i just really don't know. i did take into account like noise, maintenance, and all sorts of stuff like that. but i'm really looking into a different aspect this time around. i see on average how most electric kits are cheaper than gas ones. like comparing the TC3's and the RS4's. can ya tell i'm lookin at on-road yet? but to the point of my post. how does an electric car and nitro car (let's say the two TC3's) compare out of the box? can an electric actually be faster than nitro? what are the upgrade capabilities of the two? is gas easier to upgrade or electric? any little advice will help! thanks a lot in advance!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:43 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

they are equal as far as ease to upgrade. its no harder to change "x" on a electric than it is on a nitro.

sure an electric can go faster than a nitro.

nitros are 100x as loud as electric(part of the fun)

out of the box speed? i think the nitro tc3 rtr is suppose to be somewhere in 30-40mph? dunno...i dunno bout electric either.

i know this.
did you check the price on electric stuff? some battery packs cost $75+ and you only get a few minutes of run time out of them.

nitro rules !!!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Dekz

Originally posted by packfan88
i know this.
did you check the price on electric stuff? some battery packs cost $75+ and you only get a few minutes of run time out of them.

nitro rules !!!!!
Well when I was at the hobby shop today I DID notice that nitro fuel is friggin $30 a gallon. At least once you buy that $75 battery pack (which is BS, You only need like a $30 pack) you can drive as much as u want.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:08 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

I haven't used electric in years, but when I did I could only get 5-6 minutes outta the battery pack. My new Gas truck I can get 14-15 minute runtimes and not have to wait forever to recharge the battery to run again. Let her cool down a little and gas her up and off I go.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Karl the Mechan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BOTH !

(that one was easy :-)
Old 05-28-2003, 11:34 AM
dynamic_e

Default lol

LOL< good call.

I am only using electrics are the fumes make my pregnanat fiancee feel nausious....so i'm an electric guy =)

Besides, nothing beats messing around with your car in the house or basement without waking up family or neighbors...
Old 05-28-2003, 02:05 PM
avenali

well i can see that the age old question is stilled left unanswered! but i think i have decided to go with electric only cuz i'm headin back to school for my fall semester later on and might have a problem with disturbing the peace up there! thanks for the advice!