Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Ran the boat today

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Ran the boat today

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran the boat today

Figured I'd at least report my doings today considering haven't ran in a year to the month. Got an invite to run with the same group from last year so I made the 2.5 hour journey early this morning. Couldn't sleep last night from the excitement, up at 5 & in the car by 6. The boat was pretty much ready, just charge the batts & lube the flex. Had a blast. A lot of wind pushing 25 mph up the river made for some flighty moments. Even went so far as to add a wet rag up in the bow since I didn't want to adjust the tabs or drive much. Again, it was a lot of fun and ended up burning almost a gallon.

Heavy rains the last few days caused a little extra debris in the water and did me in. Rudder got kicked up & broke the brass sheer screw at full speed. No chance to release the trigger and up on the rocks she went. Been so proud of this boat but now its officially a beater hull. Thankfully its not too bad but did bust the gelcoat in a few places and into the fiberglass a tad. If I decide to keep it, I'm not going to put a lot of effort into beautification. Seems some of the best ones are the ones with the most scars anyhow.

Then of course the other side of my conscious wispers to me.... part it out, as a hull / hardware combo and get that AC Razor I've always wanted. Then the rationale side says that once a year to play boat is not enough to justify a new build that would be more of a shelf queen than a track star.

Btw, for those that know, its an Enforcer Team Pro. Someone help me but can't I use expoxy for the repairs on this hull? Not sure what they use to lay them up?
Rock & Roll, -Jamie
Old 09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ran the boat today

Hi Jamie glad to see you managed to get some time on the water .To answer the question yes you can use epoxy for the repairs i believe whhobbies boats are polly resin so you could actually use that instead if you wanted.By the way checkout one of my orriginals from the mould running in some waves on the sea dancer thread i think you will enjoy it.
Mart
Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

OMG, DD's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Where you been hiding Dog? Still setting up the house or has the wife cut down you allowance of play $$$$$$$$$$$$$$?
Make any chips lately? I've been making some finally
Old 09-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Doubledog

Mark, how you been man. LONG time no talk. I really miss that.
I'm so sore. Loading the boat, all the gear, (took extra due to the long drive) messing around at the river for seven hours and then driving a total of five hours put a whoopin on me. Oh, add tweaking your body in all sorts of positions to adjust stuff, staying bent over the hull, helping toss guys rigs in etc. Flying planes is so much easier. Speaking of which, I took a foamy with me as well just in case the wind died down. Was hoping to get some running shots of the plane over the boats on a flyby.

Other than that, just busy. Took our first much needed vacation since getting out. Oh, the word Honey-do is in full effect. Got to go vacuum and dust whilst the wife makes lunch.

Marty... I saw the vids. That hull works. The Super G', Super Sport, TeamPro hull is just too flighty. Tossed in some extra weight in the nose and then it crabbed making it more twitchy. Perhaps a turn fin would've helped. It flew a little better across the waves but I'm done with that style boat.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you need Jamie is one of these .
Mart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34934.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1270410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16965.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1270411  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Doubledog

Yeah, saw your new plug. Perhaps someday I'll build the Rockett that still in the box.