Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Whobbies V/s Bonzi

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Whobbies V/s Bonzi

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:15 AM
rjain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whobbies V/s Bonzi

I was looking around to buy an aircooled boat. I have narrowed down to two choices. Please correct or suggest me if right or wrong.
Whobbies super G V/S Bonzi 50" Edge ready to run.
W hobbies at the moment is having a promotional scheme where the Super G is for 549.99. Is it worth it????????

Thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: Whobbies V/s Bonzi

ORIGINAL: rjain

W hobbies at the moment is having a promotional scheme where the Super G is for 549.99. Is it worth it????????

Thanks
Have not ran or seen a Bonzi Edge run. DO have lots of experience with the SuperG'. Is it worth it for $550? YES.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:42 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Be mindful of the fact that the "special Promotion" is for a KIT - not a RTR. If you want to build it yourself then it is a good deal - otherwise have them build it for a still very reasonable price

If you are mechanically inclined and have simple hand tools in under 8 hours you can assemble your very own ENFORCER SUPER G model boat now available in kit form.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 AM
rjain

Yes I am looking for a kit. The only one concern is what engine are they using on the Super G. I do not think it is Zenoah. Could somebody throw some light.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:11 AM
stuch

the bonzi is a lighter boat overall and fast the gator is built bomb proof and goes good but if you mod it for speed the hull can only handle 43-44mph the bonzi hull can handle speeds of around 50mph when modded. the gator hull is layed up with more colth then the bonzi and the bonzi is closer to a mono and the gator is a pure deep vee hull. both will put a smile on you're face every time you run them.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 AM
stuch

Yes I am looking for a kit. The only one concern is what engine are they using on the Super G. I do not think it is Zenoah. Could somebody throw some light.
you are right its whh clone of a Zenoah but just ask tony at whh for a Zenoah rc230 it will coast you a little more but you can order the boat any way you want it. also the strut and rudder ass. is made out of composite. they have it in alulium. just ask pam when ordering. if you do mod either one of these boats put the whh small turn fin on the right makes turnning more predictiable. and the boat more stable all around. i own both boats and my bonzi gps'ed today at 53mph and the gator gps'ed at 42mph. both are modded boats.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:23 AM
pyro1

opps
Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: pyro1

The kit comes with the 23cc air cooled ZENOAH. WWH only offers Zenoah 23 air or the 26 water cooled.
no dude Tony is having a clone of the 230rc motor made out of china that's why the boat is less then the regular price. you have to ask for the ZENOAH. the reason i know this is last week i was at his shop and he showed me the clone rc230 motor that's going in the S-Gator for that price. but he said he'll still offer the ZEN rc230 if people ask for it for a little more money. if you look on his site you'll see he's selling a 1/5th scale off road buggy that has the 230 clone in it. he's working with a Co. called Imex. and there building the motor for him.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:34 PM
pyro1

I spoke to Tony today & you are correct, I am running that engine in my XRC Buggy that Imex has named "The Blaster." Tony sent me the 4 port upgrade cylinder & single ring piston for the 23cc. That engine really pulls!!. I have about 5hr run time and can report no problems with that engine.

Thanks Stuch, Be well, Pyro 1

Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: pyro1

I spoke to Tony today & you are correct, I am running that engine in my XRC Buggy that Imex has named "The Blaster." Tony sent me the 4 port upgrade cylinder & single ring piston for the 23cc. That engine really pulls!!. I have about 5hr run time and can report no problems with that engine.

Thanks Stuch, Be well, Pyro 1

oh yea the motor run's strong. i've seen them run nothing wrong with that powerplant at all. but it an't a ZEN thats the only difference.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Doubledog

One thing for sure, Tony will help you save some money but the product will be good. If its not, he'll stand behind it.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 AM
rjain

Are we trying to say that it is fine to stick with clone of Zen and not bother getting the zenoah.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Doubledog

Personally, I would have no problem running the clone. Tony wouldn't sell it if it didn't perform.
For what its worth, I ran a 27 SIKK aircooled in mine & it ran good. (zenoah clone)
Old 02-20-2008, 06:50 AM
pyro1

Its a matter of choice. You have to make your own decision based on feedback . I have 2 Pro mod 26 Zenoahs & a mod 23 clone Zen. I see no problems with any of these engins. They all make good power. Tony of WHHs said that there are several manufacturers in China making clones.
I guess that trial and error will seperate the good from the bad on these engins. Tony has a new engine coming out in the near future.
I know about this engine but am not at liberty to speak of the specs. or HP. I will tell you that this is going to be a great engine.

Have fun & keep the hobbie alive.
Pyro 1
Old 02-20-2008, 08:57 AM
stuch

Are we trying to say that it is fine to stick with clone of Zen and not bother getting the zenoah.
heres my opinion if you going aircooled then it doesn't matter clone or Zen. but if you were getting a water cooled then nothing but the Zen. also HPI Racing a big rc car Co. uses a clone rc230 Zen in there 1/5th scale off road buggy. and those motor have good power. and run trouble free. i know a couple of guys that own that car and beat the hell out of them and have alot of hours on the motor's.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 AM
rjain

I also have the HPI baja which ha a clone 23CC engine. It runs trouble free and is a great engine. I guess if one is going air cooled, one does not have to worry much.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 AM
stuch

I also have the HPI baja which ha a clone 23CC engine. It runs trouble free and is a great engine. I guess if one is going air cooled, one does not have to worry much.
i would say thats true. water cooled is a more complacated motor to clone. and rember there copying one of the best small weed eater motor in the world.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM
xx954hxcafexx

speaking of clones, doesnt the SIKK engines only have a 2 bolt jug while the ZEN has a 4
Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Doubledog

No. When dealing with the RC version of the Zen's such as these clones as well, then they're both two bolt jugs.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Doubledog

here is an RC230 jug I've got laying around. (two bolt)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95795.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	884709