Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

new boat purchase What to buy?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

new boat purchase What to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:16 AM
trophypro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new boat purchase What to buy?

I am debating between the enforcer magnum 57 or the proboat blackjack 55. This will be my first boat and its just for fun. I will probably end up buying everything under the sun (as I always do with things) to make it look good and run fast. Ive researched but overall which do you think is the best? They both will have qualities couls some users chime in and give me some advice? thanks in advance Chris
Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: new boat purchase What to buy?

Ive researched but overall which do you think is the best
I dare say you need to do some more research if you think there is a contest between these two boats.

One is high quality, built to last, sold with decades of service experience, low maintainance fun. The other is a blackjack.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:53 AM
trophypro

I should have put it differently. Which hull is the better of the 2 for general use.

Features and functions is the things I have been looking at and even though the blackjack may be not as quality it seemed to be half way decent Atleast to me. But as said being a first timer somethings are not super clear to me.

Thanks for the input
Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 AM
stuch

ORIGINAL: trophypro

I should have put it differently. Which hull is the better of the 2 for general use.

Features and functions is the things I have been looking at and even though the blackjack may be not as quality it seemed to be half way decent Atleast to me. But as said being a first timer somethings are not super clear to me.

Thanks for the input
the blackjack is china junk and the whh boat is big beautiful bomb proof and has lots of room for mods and great product suport. thats the bottom line. in black and white....
Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Justaddwata

It is safe to say I have as many boats and as much money tied up in this hobby as anyone. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6484397/anchors_6484397/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#6484397]I wrote the following post after finally buying a WHH boat last year [/link]. I was not paid, reimbursed, or even thanked for the post - I made it based purely on my impression of the boat. I have had no need to test their service as I have not had a single thing go wrong with her (though still only a few hours old).

Old 02-20-2008, 02:18 AM
trophypro

Thanks for the input and the link to the article.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:49 AM
stuch

but i do have to say Bonzi's boats are a very close 2nd imo. owning both boats i love them both. and bonzi's boats are just as trouble free. but the hull and glass are the close 2nd.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:06 AM
trophypro

I knew the magnum was a quality piece but reading things about the blackjack had me thinking it was a decent starting out boat. Without having owned anything before I hadnt an idea that it was a poor boat. Im still undecided if I want a cat or mono. I am looking for used right now to save some cash for the mods. But im getting anxious to get something but limited to what I see for sale.

Ive looked at the bonzi line and obviously I want the top dog thats not in the budget[] so I figured get something used, hop it up and have fun.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Justaddwata

I can appreciate the interest in hopping up but if your new to the boating scene you might find that stock performance is not a bad way to go. When your ready there are plenty of modifications that can be done for a few $ and more that can be done free (adjusting pipe and trim settings, reworking the prop etc).

Dont under rate the value of getting a stock boat running right - no point going with a full blown setup if you have not learned the basics - you will just end up frustrated and disappointed. Increasing performance does not equal increasing predictability, reliability, adjustability, or fun.

My WHH Vee is probably the most basic boat I have - air cooled 23 zenoah, clutch, and water cooled pipe - and thats it. Probably wont see 40mph but I have a blast with her trying. I run it in conditions I would not dare venture with other boats. I picked her up on e-bay for around $400 and got lucky in finding an honest seller. I would not consider putting a mod motor in her - even changing props did not yeild much more speed. This boat does not want to stay in the water much past 40 so I enjoy it for what it is
Old 02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: trophypro

I knew the magnum was a quality piece but reading things about the blackjack had me thinking it was a decent starting out boat. Without having owned anything before I hadnt an idea that it was a poor boat. Im still undecided if I want a cat or mono. I am looking for used right now to save some cash for the mods. But im getting anxious to get something but limited to what I see for sale.

Ive looked at the bonzi line and obviously I want the top dog thats not in the budget[] so I figured get something used, hop it up and have fun.
hey guy i have a whh super gator for sale in perfect shape. with the true Zen rc230 and a wet tune pipe on her the boat is yellow with a checkered flag racing stripe on it. if you want to see pictures of it go to whh site and look under the poto album i think when i sent in the pictures i put it in under my name Nick Cotugno. it runs great and was kept inside the house at all times and maintaned after every run pm me and make me an offer. i dont want alot of $ for her. the reason for selling it is that i want a whh shovel nose hydro. and the wife will not let me have four in the house.