Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

After Run Oil or WD 40

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
stylicho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Run Oil or WD 40

Which do you prefer. And do you use after run oil the same as wd 40. For example, do you put after run oil in the carburetor like wd 40?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: After Run Oil or WD 40

WD40 is useless as an after-run oil. Don't use it. It';s not thick enough, and it won't coat things properly.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after run(almost identical to MMO)is the best thing to use. i dont like wd40 for anything except rusted parts.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Steve.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WD 40 is the worst "lubricant" you can use. In fact it's called "WD" because it was originally formulated to displace water on metal parts. After the 40th attempt they found what they were looking for and dubbed it WD40. At work I use it to dissolve gummed up grease on bearing surfaces as it works really well for that. WD will strip the cylinder of castor or sythetic oil that's in the fuel and leave the engine vulnerable to damage at start up in my opinion.