Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Went R/C pulling last night (with video)!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Went R/C pulling last night (with video)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went R/C pulling last night (with video)!

Well yesterday I decided to go to an r/c pull the NR/CTPA was having about 1 1/2 hours away from my house. It was a little bit of a drive but i had a lot of fun. Last time i went there were only 2 other trucks in my class, and one was my father in law and they were both electric. So I took my brushless MGT, but all the other trucks were nitro. I might have taken my savage if I had know that. Regardless it was a lot of fun and the competition was good. I think this goes to show that nitro isnt lacking power compared to brushless, just brushless responds faster. I only had one good pull though because the first time i couldnt hold the front end on the ground. lol

Here is both rounds of the box stock class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL2dAbHNOTE

I had a great time and am glad I came out. Couldnt hold the front on the ground over half throttle the first go around. So I moved the batteries forward, and lowered the hitch height and it did much better, but I lost a little too much traction. Think i lowered the hitch too much. I was happy with it though, and that is just pulling in general. Gotta make changes till ya get it right. Next time ill have blocked suspension in the rear and some other changes

Eric
Old 01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
TIGER76

Default RE: Went R/C pulling last night (with video)!

Looks good m8 how much weight are they pulling?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
cummins driver

Box had 55 pounds in it, and the sled weighs 15 i believe, for a total of 70 pounds[8D]
Old 01-23-2011, 05:15 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

looked fun
but poor clutches [:@]
Old 01-23-2011, 05:17 PM
johndavis

where did you get the sled for pulling?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the color scheme of your MGT. It looks stunning.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM
cummins driver

syco- Yep, im sure the clutches take a beating I think the nitros could stand some lower gearing really.

johndavis- that is the official NR/CTPA pulling sled that belongs to the organization. You can buy them, but they cost a little.

378- Thanks a lot[8D]

Well these guys are going to start pulling around me a lot more and so i think i might build a truck to pull with them. Im looking for an associated Monster GT and would like to just run the stock 4.6 engine. I have a few tricks up my sleeve for the gearing and suspension and so I feel i could be very competitive. They let me pull the brushless with them last night, but im not sure they would like it if i set it up to pull and started winning I think the nitro would be pretty fun to pull anyways and the MGT's platform would make it easy to move things around as needed and add weight, etc.

Eric
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56529.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	1551902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48459.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	1551903  
Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have pulled that much weight with my brushed emaxx[8D]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v13uhjUbn4I[/youtube]

i wish their were some RC event close to me it looks like soo much fun to run your trucks together like that. and alittle competition is always fun!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

My little sister used to have that barbie jeep. LOL! We used to jump it.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

My little sister used to have that barbie jeep. LOL! We used to jump it.
LOL, that must have been fun. i am 225 pounds and have driven that jeep around the driveway!

without a battery, the motors actually put drag on the rear wheels. my daughter has to weigh 60 pounds. so i was impressed that my emaxx actually pulled all that. almost didnt have enough traction tho!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
cummins driver

Its a lot easier to pull stuff on wheels. I have pulled my cousin in his wheelchair with a single motor brushed e-maxx with ease on blacktop and he weighed over 200lbs. That sled is a different story
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Its a lot easier to pull stuff on wheels. I have pulled my cousin in his wheelchair with a single motor brushed e-maxx with ease on blacktop and he weighed over 200lbs. That sled is a different story
true, but large diameter wheels with no motor attached to them turn easier than small plastic wheels with 550motors and gearboxes on them for drag.

but im sure setup right your brushless MT would outpull my emaxx. BL motors are just awsome.
i had a BL motor in my emaxx, but it broke parts too often. even with the titan 775 and duel 2s lipos i keep breaking driveshafts.

i would love the chance to pull a sled, but dont know anyone who has one[&:]
Old 01-24-2011, 03:28 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

ORIGINAL: johndavis

where did you get the sled for pulling?
Check on eBay I believe that they were called the draggin wagon or something like that.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 AM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner
true, but large diameter wheels with no motor attached to them turn easier than small plastic wheels with 550motors and gearboxes on them for drag.

but im sure setup right your brushless MT would outpull my emaxx. BL motors are just awsome.
i had a BL motor in my emaxx, but it broke parts too often. even with the titan 775 and duel 2s lipos i keep breaking driveshafts.

i would love the chance to pull a sled, but dont know anyone who has one[&:]
Well, the thing with the sled is that its in dirt. Guys many times can pull 150-200lbs on carpet or a high traction surface like that concrete sidewalk. The dirt makes it harder to get traction. A brushed truck would probably do pretty decent geared correctly, but im not sure it could get the momentum needed with the sled to be competitive in this class. Its fun no matter what though and if you ever get the chance you'll have to give it a go[8D]

Im trying to buy a 4.6 MGT right now to turn into a puller. Ill let you guys know if i end up with it and hopefully i can pull it some soon if i do

Eric