Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Break in problems Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Coburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break in problems Please Help

this is my third tank of gas on my mt-2 i did the first 2 tanks static idle break in that hpi recommends, the engine kept revving weird but anyway I'm now onto breaking it in a half throttle the engine revs fine and the flywheel is spinning fine but it seems like the clutch isn't engaging or sum thing i took it all apart yesterday and it seemed to have oil all over the clutch i removed allot of it but today still same problem the power isn't getting past the flywheel and the wheel aren't turning at all. PLZ HELP !!!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:34 PM
yfyf

Default RE: Break in problems Please Help

it might be that ur servos arnt connectedright, make sure that when u hit the gas its opening the carb
Old 10-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

if i were ou i would just keep on cleaning the clutch until i brake it in an tun it. it may be becaue you are running the engine rich and theres alot of oil in the engine and when the engine spins oil may be going through the bearings because of to much oil so it gets all over the clutch. brake it in completely and tune it and then tell us
Old 10-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Coburn

Thanks for the reply's Guys i have been running my Mt-2 mad for the past few days and i have it running super fast now the car is running great i almost have a gallon through it, the truck is still stalling when i hit the break but I'm sure i can get that figured out , if anyone has a quick fix for that it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Ram008

Your carb is probably closing completely when you apply the brakes. The carb should return to idle when you apply the brakes, but if it's not set right, the carb will shut completely and shut the engine off. Pull the air filter off and look down in the carb throat. With the truck NOT running but with power on, apply the brakes and see if the carb closes completely. The best way I've found to do it is turn the truck on, leave the engine off and apply the brakes. If the carb closes completely, continue to apply the brakes and adjust the idle screw until there is about a 1mm gap. Release the brakes and the carb should stay where it was at when the brakes were applied. It sounds like your throttle endpoints are off. Slowly pull the trigger to full throttle and watch how far it opens. It should open completely, however, if you find that you only pull the trigger 3/4 of the way back and the carb is already wide open, your endpoints are off and continuing to pull back on the trigger will damage the carb and/or the servo. All adjustments should be made with the engine off.