Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hey chip..I Apologize

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 12:54 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey chip..I Apologize

After all the bashing i did to you i do apologize for the hard time i gave you on the D.V. i finally got some flight's on the plane. and it flys awesome. this is the first plane (3-D ) that i could throw into high rates and not have it snap on me. im totally impressed with this plane.

But i do have a problem.....the plane balanced just a little aft the forward c/g which is fine. it does not fly tail heavy but when in inverted flight it pulls big time towards the wheels. any thought's of why.

I did the mod to the stab also according to the manual also. and it's 0 deg's incidence all the way around.

Dennis
Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Roadster
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hey chip..I Apologize

Denis.... "May the force be with you" (HaHa) Glad you are having some good luck with your D-V. Just lost mine to a 9c Tx failure. Still have my Visions to keep me in the air. If you ever find a couple extra bucks for your addition I think you would really like the vision. I just started to experiment with some differant props when I thumped it. Chip has some new 23 x 8 and 23 x 7 that I'd like to try.
Welcome back from the dark side. Good luck with your D-V.

Greg

The Blue Vision is a "Turn Key" air plane that I bought from Chip. Chip test flew the plane and sent all the computer data I would need for my Tx. Kool Stuff!!
This Vision is awsume. Flies like it is on rails.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54052.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	294109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49709.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	294110  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:10 PM
DENNIS C

Dude!!! i seen your plane on another thread here and it looks awesome. im almost considering selling my wildhare 540 and getting another back up. and it just might be another CHP. like i said im totally impressed with the flight charastics of this plane. i can just imagine how the vision flys.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Roadster
My Feedback: (1)

No joke. The W/H product is good stuff. The Vision is just a different design that REALLY work for me. I think a mono wing will always be a little more stable than a Bi plane. The D-V was better in extreme 3D. But my Vision flies more like a pattern plane than any of the other 28% gasser I've owned. It draws beautiful lines for IMAC type fling. Wish we could use it in all the classes of IMAC.

later dude.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis,

Thanks for sticking with the project all the way through. I am glad you are liken the plane and really appriciate you getting back to me. I think yours is the new version but not sure. If so it did not need the stab mod, and it may be a tadd tail heavy.

Let me know which version you have and we will go from there. Good Luck

Chip
ORIGINAL: DENNIS C

Dude!!! i seen your plane on another thread here and it looks awesome. im almost considering selling my wildhare 540 and getting another back up. and it just might be another CHP. like i said im totally impressed with the flight charastics of this plane. i can just imagine how the vision flys.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:45 PM
DENNIS C

ORIGINAL: Double-vision

Dennis,

Thanks for sticking with the project all the way through. I am glad you are liken the plane and really appriciate you getting back to me. I think yours is the new version but not sure. If so it did not need the stab mod, and it may be a tadd tail heavy.

Let me know which version you have and we will go from there. Good Luck

Chip
ORIGINAL: DENNIS C

Chip this is the original D.V. i did the tail mod and set it 0 deg's incidence. i dont know where the 1/8 was suppose to put it.

I dont think its tail heavy. i only needed 2 click's of up to trim for level flight and nothing on the aerlion's. it balanced right at the recommended C/G.