Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

GP Super Stearman Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
tconnell
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Super Stearman Pics

Finished the Super Stearman this afternoon and GP has made such a great looking plane I thought I would share the images. So being a professional photogtrapher and having the studio right next to the shop, I took the plane nextdoor and shot these images.

Here's the link to the images. http://www.connellstudios.com/HTML/index.htm

It's got a G26 for power, Hitec HD servos and a JR R770 SPCM receiver powered by a 1400mHa 6v. battery. I decided to do the works on this so included the flying wires and panel lines and a few other odds and ends. I changes to tires out to 3½ inch inflatables with no air as I read the post here about the bouncing issues on the supplied tires. It came in at 16lb 3oz dry with the G26, and balanced at 5½ inches back on the top wing with zero lead anywhere. It even balanced laterally.

If Hurricane Dennis doesn't blow too much here in the next few days I plan on doing the maiden flight. Have a smoke system for it, but decided to fly it first and then install that later.

The photographic information is contained in the EXIF data and is below, left of the images. I used a Canon 20D with either a Canon 17-40 L, Canon 28-135 IS or a Sigma 70-200 AX ED lens for these. They were converted in Canon's professional software to JPG's and then the HTML was written in Breeze Browser for the camera buffs here.

Thanks for looking.

Tommy
Old 07-08-2005, 04:58 PM
tconnell
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Super Stearman Pics

Note: If you press the F11 key while in Internet Explorer you will have a full screen to view these with. Pressing F11 again afterwards will take you back to your normal setup. Enjoy

Tommy
Old 07-08-2005, 06:11 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP Super Stearman Pics

just got mine a couple of weeks ago,,,all i can say is,,,," WOW!!!!! what an ARF"... nice bash on the pilots you did a great job...let me know how the "62" will pull it...should go stright up forever..Rod