Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Used aircraft with AR9140T

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2024, 04:22 AM
AndyKunz

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Used aircraft with AR9140T

I don't answer questions in a PM, so here's one that recently came in which will probably benefit lots of people.

Hi Andy, GGGG here again and I have a question regarding Spectrum receivers. I have an older Spectrum DX8 receiver that I use for all of my smaller electric airplanes. I usually use the Spectrum 680 receiver because I don't need all of the extra frills found on the upgraded receivers and transmitters. I am currently looking at purchasing an older 55cc Pilot Extra with a Spectrum AR 9140T receiver installed. I can't seem to find any information regarding this receiver and thought you might be able to help me, it must be an older Spectrum receiver?? No 1 Will it bind with my old DX8 transmitter??? No 2 This plane has 2 Spectrum 2 cell Life batteries. The person said on battery is for the receiver and one for the ignition. I've never seen this before, In my big planes I always use 2 life batteries for my Fataba receiver and a Nichol Metal battery for the ignition. Just what in the world do I have with this Pilot airplane???? and Spectrum receiver Should I just replace everything and go to my Fataba 12 transmitter and receiver that I use for all of my big gas airplanes??? I know nothing about the Spectrum telemetry or how it works Sorry to ramble but I'm in a world i've not been before but I love how easy my Spectrum radio is to program and wouldn't mind using it for this plane. Thanks, GGGG .
First item on my Google search: https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektru...r9140t/p630445

It's a very good PowerSafe receiver. I had one in the Tower Giant Big Stick (I called it the "Mongo Stick").

1) Yes, it will work with your radio, but you will only have 8 channels to control, not 9, because the transmitter only does 8. The newest Spektrum air transmitter will work with ALL Spektrum receivers except for the very first one produced, the AR6000. Backwards compatibility is extremely important for us. Not like Futaba, who has several different incompatible systems.

2) The AR9140T should have 2 batteries connected to it, one on each port. They share the load, it's not like one does one thing and the other does something else. It may be that there's a third battery in there for ignition. You'll have to look. It depends on what ignition switch he is using in the plane, too.

I would examine the radio/ignition systems so I KNOW what's there, but there's no need to replace things. It will work quite well. Depending on how old the batteries are, you may want to consider replacing them.

Andy
Old 09-27-2024, 06:15 AM
gbrady
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Andy for the great info I'll look everything over and make sure all is good GB