Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

is servo saver needed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 AM
ryan17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is servo saver needed?

hi again guys,got two new servos today for steering and throttle,my question is,will it be better to fit new servo without the saver?
will it make a difference?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Chronic

Default RE: is servo saver needed?

Unless you have an original Savage 21 or one of the first Savage 25s, then your truck has a cam type servo saver built into one of the steering posts, which is much better than a servo mounted saver.

I liked the stock throttle/brake servo saver setup myself, and I have just recently swapped it out again for the "Ofna linkage mod" setup... but only because I relocated the servo for a midtank conversion. I had done it previously but I actually switched back after breaking a servo arm in a wreck because I didn't see the advantage compared to a properly set stock setup.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
ryan17

Default RE: is servo saver needed?

its mounted on the servo,if i fit the upgrade servo without it will it work better?