Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Few engine & Rev questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Nefariousx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few engine & Rev questions

Sorry to bother again, hopefully my last post of help/questions in a long time.

So I have my engine pretty well broke in now, I just ran through my 3.5th tank. Running it normal, yet somewhat easy, on the last .5 tank. But I have noticed a few things that I am curious about.

First off, when I am running the truck, and just have it setting for a second, the engine will seem to rev the throttle up and the truck starts to take off. Its not like the truck is sitting there, and just rolling, you can hear the truck speed up a little. Is this normal? If not, would it be a signal issue, throttle settings, or what?

And last, when I have rolled my truck on some turns (I am still learning the control of these little beasts), I have noticed that the tires seem to go insane when upside down. Is that normal or no?

Thanks again guys

I am having a blast with this thing, can't wait till I can go crazy with it.
[>:]
Old 01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
savagecommander

Default RE: Few engine & Rev questions

sounds like either your idle is too high, or your lsn is too lean...richen up your lsn and see how it runs... if it boggs way down, reverse your adjustment and back off on the idle screw and see how that orks....
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Nefariousx

Default RE: Few engine & Rev questions

Ok, I will try that tomorrow after work. Don't wanna go making those adjustements now as I don't want to anger neighbors trying to sleep. I will let you know if that solves it.