Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

DAK Takes to the Field Phoenix Az 10-17-2020...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DAK Takes to the Field Phoenix Az 10-17-2020...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 05:12 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Default DAK Takes to the Field Phoenix Az 10-17-2020...

Arizona's DAK RC tank club battle and meeting. Fall season opener.

This is a DAY BATTLE so setup is at 9am, battles start around 10:30am and we fight till dark!
Bring your new projects and anything you want to sell/ trade.

If you have questions or are looking for compatible equipment, the USA distributor for Clark will be onsite!
This is an outdoor event with plenty of space however, Social Distancing efforts and COVID-19 precautions will be observed as per Arizona guidelines.
See you on the field.

for more info: http://www.desertarmor.com/2016/dak-battlefield.html

The following users liked this post:
Pnzjgr (09-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 04:53 AM
Crius

Received 318 Likes on 262 Posts

Just who is Clark's North American representative now? The last I heard it was Nathan in Oklahoma City, but we all know what happened there.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:23 PM
edoubleaz

Clark USA is currently our new side business. Kenny Gaddis heads up the DAK RC parts side of our organization. He is located in Phoenix, AZ.

https://dakrctank.com/shop/category/electronics/clark/
Old 09-06-2020, 02:09 PM
Crius

That's good to know. I went to your website (yeah, my first time, shoulda done it long ago) and I'm very impressed. You guys really seem to have it together. The RC business side is also great and it's good to have vendors that are so immersed in the hobby. Just out of curiosity, how did you guys do that? Is the club a corporation or something else that makes it an entity unto itself? That would be awesome. I would assume you would be a non-profit, so all the profits from the store will go for club needs, and that's a great way to build a battlefield. (is your new field going to be a permanent location?) I'm really looking forward to photos and video from your upcoming event.

The bad news is that if I ever get to retire (not likely, but we keep buyin' those lotto tickets) I kind of have my heart set on either Phoenix or lower Alabama. The good news is that I'm leaning towards Alabama so you guys shouldn't have to put up with me.

I'm not sure if it's OK to ask about purchases here but I'm gonna do it anyway, under the theory that's it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. The plan is to go back to DAKRC, get registered, and then get the parts I still need for this King Tiger I'm building (need recoil unit, apple & base). It's a mish-mash with a Torro lower and a Taigen upper with the Porsche turret, and I want to make it an IR battle tank. I have an IBU2 Pro for it, and really the only parts I still need are the TBU, and the servo recoil. You have the recoil covered, no questions there, my questions concern the apple you offer. It's obviously not stock tamiya, and I've heard about an apple by lego (sp?), maybe? I've heard good things about that one. Is this similar to that? It's a low profile apple, correct? Does it fit right into the base you offer? Those are the three items I'm planning to buy, recoil, apple and base, I'd just like to know a bit more about the apple. My original plan was to go genuine Tamiya for apple & base, mainly because I once built a battle tank with an Impact apple and at the only club battle I ever took it to I caught a lot of flak. Claims that the impact doesn't take hits as well as the tammy, giving me an unfair advantage. But, the cost savings with your apple are very attractive, so have you used that apple yourself, and what can you tell me? Anything I'd need to know about putting it in a Taigen Porsche turret King Tiger? Am I going to hear whining that it's not a real Tamiya so it's not fair?

Is there anything we can call you other than your user name? Not that there's anything wrong with the user name, it's just too damn hard to remember how to spell it!

Last edited by Crius; 09-06-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Crius

And if you have anyone at RCTW you should have them make a thread in Business News and announce your new dealership status. It's mainly a UK forum, but you'd be surprised how many US based members they have, and I know all those guys will want to know about this.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:08 PM
edoubleaz

Thanks for the interest! Would have replied earlier but I got the day off from work so day tripping with the Family I was!

The business side still is on its first year but it is doing really well. Word of mouth has gone coast to coast as for example, some midwest clients and Florida gents have bought dozens of boards! Despite the COVID-19 interference with overseas supplies and production we can say that the stuff is still coming and keep checking the site for new info etc!

I am reluctant to definitively answer all your inquiries as frankly, I am still a Tamiya guy and Kenny Gaddis, the club XO is the actual Clark guru. ( I am trying to get him on this forum but I will relay your questions. ) I will tell you I have some of the new apples on my daughters tank running Clark and it works really well. The original version only handles Clark boards but Gen 2 works with Tamiya as well. Its funny your experience with Impact differs from mine, I have two Impact systems and they take hits a lot easier than Tamiya in my experience.

Introducing these in the club scenario has actually been pretty smooth in Phoenix. If a tank is blatantly not dying we try to figure it out but I remind you that Tamiya MFUs will go into "god" mode quite often, especially with Super Sherman guts. These new apples, (especially with new housing) work in our environment. We haven't done side by side test with tape measures etc, but our field is about 25-30 feet wide at the most and the shots and hits seem even....

Ethan

DAK CO