Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Contacting Ace Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Intrepid3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacting Ace Hobby

Dose anyone know how to get a hold of Ace Hobby?

I am the manager at RC modeler NW in Beaverton, Or. and have been trying for over a week to get a hold of them using the phone number for dealers, customer service number, and by e-mail with no response.

I am trying to get a hold of them because a little while ago we order a Thunder Tiger Mirage V-Spec form them. The car sat on our wall for quiet a long time; so we decided to assemble it and sale it that way. During the assembly we found that the car was missing some parts (i.e. screws, bumpers, spacers, and some other parts) and some parts were defective (i.e. shock shalfs have no threads). Until I can get a hold of them we cannot finish the car. This also means that we have a car that we have paid for but cannot sale. When I call either phone number I get the answering machine and hear the same message over and over about how they pride them selveswith their customer service. I am sure glad that we did not sale this car to one of my customers because I can just imagine the headache this would have caused them and our shop. I am almost positive that we would have lost that customer to our competitor.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:40 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I got a Mugen MBX-XR Works from them that was missing ALOT of EXPENSIVE parts.....maybe it wasnt a mistake? I have always been able to contact them by phone......let me try.

They just answered the phone on the first call....try 1-650-692-5754
Old 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Intrepid3

Just to let you know I finally got a hold of a real person today. They didn't call me I called them. I talked with Ashley and he said that he would get the parts out to me either today or tomarrow.
I will put up another post letting all of know what happens.

I used the same number I had been using. I would have used the number you gave me as a last resort, just because i don't think I should have to make a long distance phone call to get the parts that should have been in the box to begin with. Also as I said I used the dealer number and that should have gotten a response fast than any other way of contacting them.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:34 PM
DSA.308

You might think so, but which number makes them more money? wholesale or retail? I am not saying its right, just a fact. I would guess they are more persistent with the retail lines....just a guess. Also I have always had good service form Ace, but I am a retail customer also...
Old 05-08-2003, 04:53 AM
old skool

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
They just answered the phone on the first call....try 1-650-692-5754
Lol! The phone number is (650)-697-3383! Lol! Don't know where you got that one from...
Old 05-08-2003, 04:57 AM
DSA.308

I got it from a invoice dated 1/21/03 from Ace. Want to bet and lose 100$ over it? I hope so, I need 100$!!!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 06:36 AM
calvinsj2003

I live in CA, and it'll take me more than 45 min to Ace store. When i got their. It will take another 1 hour or 2 of waiting to talk with one of them. I have seen some customers who are getting mad of waiting and leaving the store.

It's a pain in the neck when you try to contact them through phone. The line always busy.

Belevie it or not " It did take me 1 week and more than 100 times to redial their phone # to get a hold of them for 1 minute answer".

I try to buy HPI Monster Truck from them, but I'm very sure that I'll buy somewhere else. And It might miss some parts.

If you get a hold of them. Ask for Carl.

Don't talk to the guy name kevin. He won't help you at all.

Good luck
Old 05-08-2003, 07:51 AM
DSA.308

Wow, that from someone who walked in the store....bummer I kinda liked them guys, and I also bought ALOT of stuff from them too. I spent at least 2,500 with them this year alone. My Mugen kit was missing all the crime fighter tires, no clutch bell or bearings, they charged me for the wrong pipe (I was charged for a more expensive pipe, and sent a cheap one) then they wanted to swap out the Mugen clutch bell for a cheap one made by OFNA, the $37 battery pack had a broken connector, I could go on but I will stop. And that was all on 1 order...
Old 05-08-2003, 03:52 PM
dg2b

I am in no way have any association with Ace but I used to go there a lot when I worked at San Mateo (next town over). I always had good service but have also seen potential customer just being looked at and neglected.

I kinda like the neglected part when I am just browsing item and just admiring the engines

It seems that if you ask for the big stuff (1/8 items) you will get their attention fairly quickly. When I both small items, I just point, grab the part, and pull out my wallet....but I understand that most don't have this luxury.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:27 AM
ModelOne

Hi Guys,

Please visit us at www.modeloneracing.com for all your rc needs.

We have been supplying rc stuffs to many satified American customers.

The following is the comment given by one of our American customer:
"just wanted to let you know the box arrived today,and i am VERY happy with the bodies. Thank you so much, they are incredible.
please keep me on your mailing list when you get more available as im sure i will be wanting to place another order in a few weeks.
Thanx Paul, your service and your products are top notch!!
-Rob"

Email us for any enquiries.

Thanks.

Paul
Old 05-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Polobear

I've had great luck with Ace... I haven't ordered anything too spendy there but everything I've ordered (3 different times) was shipped promptly and arrived with no issues...

I've never tried to contact them because I haven't had to. fyi...

pb
Old 05-13-2003, 02:13 PM
DSA.308

I guess oldschool wants to keep his 100$ in his pocket....wise move, although I really could have used the 100$.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:29 AM
Intrepid3

Well it is now the 14th and still no parts. I spoke with my boss/the owners on monday before they left for vacation and they pretty much said that this will more then likely be the last time that our store does business with Ace Hobby. This is not the first time that we have had problems with Ace Hobby. I tend to agree with them about doing business with Ace Hobby. Their poor service prevent us from being able to serve our customers properly which make us look bad as a business. This is not good for the customer either because it leaves them with a RC vehicle
that has no parts avalible locally, it can't be repaired unless they contact Ace hobby themselves through the customer service number. Which took me over a week to get a response.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:31 AM
DSA.308

what type of car are you trying to get parts for through ace?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Intrepid3

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
what type of car are you trying to get parts for through ace?
Thunder Tiger Mirage V-Spec
Old 05-15-2003, 10:31 PM
DSA.308

Oh, I see. I bet parts are a little tough to come by for that car. Too bad since Ace does have the parts, they are making getting them tough.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:45 PM
loverboy365

definately do not go with Ace Hobby Dave. If they gave you that much of a hassle, they are not worth it. Adam C.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:03 AM
rosenbaum11

Default Ace "Sucks"

Products are cheap, they dont stand behind thier product, cant get parts With out a whole lots of trouble, ACE makes Thunder tiger engines, Ive got a thunder tiger 15 in my RC 10 Gt, Dam good engine , but wont by anouther one for these reasons. Thunder tiger also makes a good airplane engine but no parts access.
Its a shame when a company gets a reputation like that.Its true though .
Old 05-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Intrepid3

Update

Today when I got to work I called Ace Hobby again and after a few calls I finally got through. I spoke to one tech and he had no idea of what I was talking about so he patched me through to Ashley again. When I reminded him of why I was calling he said that he thought that he had sent the parts out but could not be sure of it. I reminded him that this was a $350 car that i could not sale because it was missing parts. Ashley then said that he would check on it and get back to me by 2pm (PST) which was the end of my shift today. Not only did he not get back to me but he did not call back at all today. So I still don't know if the parts were sent out or where they are.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:30 AM
rosenbaum11

Default ACE HOBBY

Like I said GOOD LUCK ! they are a pain in the A%SS . I wish they were listening. "LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL PEOPLE WHO USE THUNDER TIGER PRODUCTS" no customer service .
Old 05-22-2003, 04:09 PM
dg2b

Default Re: Ace "Sucks"

Originally posted by rosenbaum11
Products are cheap, they dont stand behind thier product, cant get parts With out a whole lots of trouble, ACE makes Thunder tiger engines, Ive got a thunder tiger 15 in my RC 10 Gt, Dam good engine , but wont by anouther one for these reasons. Thunder tiger also makes a good airplane engine but no parts access.
Its a shame when a company gets a reputation like that.Its true though .
I believe we are talking about ace-hobbies.com (retail store out of Burlingame, CA) as opposed to acehobby.com (distributor, manufacturer).

Last time I checked, ace-hobbies does not make the Thunder Tiger engine but I could be wrong.

Intrepid3 - good luck with your current dealings with ace-hobbies. Hope they come through.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:28 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Wow dude, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than a busted RC car and a hobby shop dikkin ya around.

I went to the one close to me (25 miles close) and the dude behind the car counter was a total *****. Every customer that asked him something, he replied "And your asking me this...WHY?"
How about cause your fat ***** is behind the counter twinky boy!
He seriously had a terrible attitude. Needless to say I bought nothing from him. Real shame, since I needed some stuff and I was in there to make a purchase...
Old 05-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Justintoxicated

Originally posted by *Crash*Johnson*
Wow dude, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than a busted RC car and a hobby shop dikkin ya around.

I went to the one close to me (25 miles close) and the dude behind the car counter was a total *****. Every customer that asked him something, he replied "And your asking me this...WHY?"
How about cause your fat ***** is behind the counter twinky boy!
He seriously had a terrible attitude. Needless to say I bought nothing from him. Real shame, since I needed some stuff and I was in there to make a purchase...
I FEEL YOUR PAIN TOO. Read my post about hobby people in the general discussion!

Now there is 2 places I will not buy from instead of one!
Old 05-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Intrepid3

I posted this thread about acehobby.com (distributor, manufacturer). But from what I am seeing here it sound like they both need some customer service training. I know that if one of my employees treated any customer the way that Ace has treated myself or any of you I would talk to them the first time and if it happened again they would be fired. As a manager I understand everyone has off days but Ace seems to have off decades.