Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

anyone w/ pics of Tamjets F18 elec. layout?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

anyone w/ pics of Tamjets F18 elec. layout?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 AM
playerpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone w/ pics of Tamjets F18 elec. layout?

Im putting together the turbine and the elec. and want tos ee some pics of the build. I have followed tam's manual and Wren 160's but want to see If im missing something. This does call for sequencer but was wondering if I need it. Thanks..
Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
jetfreak
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: anyone w/ pics of Tamjets F18 elec. layout?

If you got a 12x and you don't want to buy a sequencer... the 12x can adjust the speed rates for servos independently in both up and down transition. Still will require two valves and servos and take up two channels on the radio. The JMP sequencer will do it but only use one channel on the radio but still requires 2 servos and 2 valves. (I choose the JMP sequencer) I think the new ev5u pro thinga majiggy work as an all in one setup. Brake, gear, door, and sequencer with a few neat options, fail safe on retracts, electonic proportional braking, and a few other things. Im sure there a many different ways to acomplish this but a the two I listed are pretty common these day. Picture attached is my Tamjet F-18F layout
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99807.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1321503  
Old 11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
playerpete

I have JR 12X radio. I have 2 mini servos for BVM high flow and smooth stop so I guess I dont need a sequencer am I right?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM
jetfreak

Pete,

Gonna need a 3rd servo and valve, brake valve will operate independently of gear and door sequencing So to make this work, you need to mix the gear door servo to the gear retract servo. Get that operating first and have no air in the system, just get both valves going in the proper direction based on gear up or gear down command. Gear up command doors should be open, gears should go up, doors should close > Gear down command,gear door should be closed, gear doors open, gear down. I just want you to make sure the valve travels in the right direction FIRST. Obviously you don't want your gear door to open when you tell your tell to go to a gear up (they should be open already and then close) Once you got the accomplished that your gonna want to go to the "servo speed/slow" section of the 12x. Sect 24. In the speed section you will be able to adjust how fast the servo moves in each direction for each servo. So here is how you will want to program your servo speed.

Gear Down > Gear Up

Servo Speed for Retract servo should be at "norm"
Servo Speed for gear door servo should be slowed long enough to allow gear to retract and give you say 2-3 seconds delay and then door close. You can set the time on how long it takes the gear door servo to react to actuate the door valve. You will have to adjust it a few times to get it right where you want it.

Gear Up -> Gear Down
Servo Speed for Gear Door Servo should be set at "norm"
Servo Speed for Gear retract servo should be slowed down just long enough for doors to open and then gear should come down. Not a long delay here. maybe 1 - 1.5 seconds

Its a little confusing at first but you once you do it once it will be super easy the next time. One last caution when using servo speed to slow a valve down. You don't want to slow it down so much they it takes a long long time to actuate. Basically you will see that you are putting a "timer" on total travel of servo. You don't want it to go so slow that air is leaking out while valve is moving.

Or you could call Tom with www.jetmodelproducts.com and order his sequencer for 99$ and save a channel on your rx and be done with it. It accomplishes the above with out adjusting servo speeds.

Hope this helps you

Name:	Sp45056.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1321576  
Old 11-27-2009, 04:38 PM
playerpete

would it be easier to buy a sequencer then? is it a lot of work to install? also, do I have to unplumb all the air lines? is there one that has both pwr reg. and sequencer combined w/o breaking my bank? thanks..
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 AM
jetfreak

Pete,

Picture below should explain how simple Tom's unit is.

Name:	Zx71793.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1322601  
Old 11-29-2009, 01:27 AM
playerpete

do i just install the servo leads into this unit or do i have to change the plumbing as well?