Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
SABREPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Lines

Hi All,
With my Gas engine, I have two fuel lines from the tank, one which goes to the Carb and the other that I use to fill, Which i`m assuming this is to act as a breather as well. The question is, is this to be blocked? If not what can I do to stop fuel from leaking when doing inverted and other acrobatics?
Thanks All, Nige.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
MR G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Lines

SABREPD,

Loop the breather line over the tank to the back of the tank, then forward and out the bottom of the fuselage(DO NOT Plug...it is a vent).

The line from the clunk to carb. Put a 'T' fitting in this line and use a fuel dot to fuel/defuel the tank.
Gas engines have fuel diaphram pumps to pump the fuel into the engines so you don't have to worry about flooding the engine when filling.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Lines

One line, the one going to the carb, should have a "tee" in it, with a fuel line running off the "tee" to act ast the fill. The fill line is simply plugged for flight. Correctly installed that fill line will pass through a "fuel dot" to permit sliding in and out of the fuselage for fill access. The other line acts as the vent and it never gets plugged unless the plane is in storage. Plug it then to limit odors or leakage.

Inverted flight is not really a big leak issue. If you flew all day inverted I doubt you would see more than a minute or so difference in flight time between upright and inverted.