Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

stripping diffs

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 03:08 AM
burkes_22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stripping diffs

hey guys, i've just stripped my 4th diff in my 25 rtr .3 front and 1 rear(i think the rear one went from the extra load from the front going), how come i keep stripping diff gears it's really starting to piss me off, i was thinking bout buying some lighter tyres, my older brother has a savage le and he hasnt stripped on yet, and i was wondering if it was because the dirt bonz are so light compared to the chunky ones on the 25 rtr, btw my savage has a 3 speed if that would make any difference.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:47 AM
boydie1

Default RE: stripping diffs

What surface are you driving on? How tight are your brakes set? I used to strip the pinion gear with heavy braking on the road after reaching top speed... especially when running the larger wheels. I now run lighter wheels and tyres, and have alloy diff cups and alloy diff housings which eliminates the flex you get in the stock housing. I'm yet to strip a diff in the six months I've had them fitted. Also if you haven't already fitted the 4 spider gears... do so
Hope this helps [8D]
Old 03-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Savage545

When jumping, try not to land with the throttle on.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 AM
tmodlin

Do you have the 4 gear diffs? If not, get them.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:13 AM
tatewins

Definately get the alum diff cups and housing it worked for me with that exact problem
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 AM
burkes_22

thanks for the help[sm=thumbup.gif], yes it has 4 bevel diffs it had them from the factory,i usually drive on grass. so but some lighter wheels, alloy diff cups and housings