Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Do you love all of your planes ?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Do you love all of your planes ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:56 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you love all of your planes ?

I just noticed a funny thing. No matter what plane I bring to the field, at the end of the day I am convinced that is my all time favorite plane and I want to bring it back next time I fly.
Has anyone else experienced this phenomena, or is just me ?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:10 PM
TCrafty

Default RE: Do you love all of your planes ?

I can say that I really do like most of my planes but my little T-craft just didn't like me very much. Had to rebuild it once (actually my dad did it for me, to be honest) but it wasn't long before it started it's mole hunting tendencies. All the others fly great, that little T-craft was underpowered and just didn't like me very much.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

The problem I have is that my favorite planes (generally the ones with the most money and time invested in them) I fly the least. Its almost like I have to be in the right mood to fly those planes. I enjoy all my planes but I think out of all my planes I still fly my trainer the most. Go figure.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:57 AM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; I really like the anticipation of a new plane, and how it builds as the plane approaches completion. An example would be my DC3, I would think how great it is going to fly while I was commuting. It seems that the more effort I put into it, the greater the anticipation. Of course, it's all over once I fly it, then it becomes a conquered icon, and I have to start appreciating it for other reasons. I almost think that the anticipation is more delicious then the realization.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
AeroDave

I agree. I scratch build most of my planes. Once I fly them and find out what the do well or what need improving, I'm always restless to get on to the next one.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:05 AM
enahs
My Feedback: (4)

Like AeroDave, I'm always looking at what I can get next. I also seem to enjoy my cheaper beat around planes (ie Mojo, uproar, etc...) over my Extra or Cap. I like those planes but I just love flying my Mojo or Uproar a tad bit better....

Shane
Old 07-03-2006, 04:51 AM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

My favorite plane is always what I'm flying at the time.

(Even if it isn't mine! )
Old 07-03-2006, 06:37 AM
parrthd

My favorite plane is always what I'm flying at the time.

(Even if it isn't mine! )

Old 08-06-2006, 06:13 PM
chashint

I like each of my planes differently.
It is hard to get real attached to a couple of them (especially the AT-6) though.
Of course it is painful to see one of the kit built planes get damaged or worse destroyed.
Best flying plane ... Astro Hog and I guess this is my overall favorite plane, next is the SuperSportster 60, its a tough call after that but since I built it I will say the Slow Poke Sport 40, then another really fun plane is the Ultra Stick, the last two are a toss up, I really like the way the AT-6 looks but it is a bear to takeoff and land, when it snaps and goes in I don't even care anymore just dust it off and try again, I am sure it expiration date is fast approaching. The last plane in the hanger is the Sky Raider ARF trainer, it flys real nice and it is cheap to replace if it crashes, even though I am very satisified with the performance of this plane I am not attached to it emotionally at all.