Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Carden Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Servo Recommendations for a 26% Extra?

Community
Search
Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

Servo Recommendations for a 26% Extra?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 AM
pappy35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Recommendations for a 26% Extra?

Howdy,

Finally finishing up my 26% Extra (after sitting in my basement for 8 years!). I'm partial to JR and Hitec servos. What do you recommend for each position and why.

I don't want to spend a ton of money but f course I understand that I need to get what's good enough for the plane.

Al T.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
pappy35

Default RE: Servo Recommendations for a 26% Extra?

OK now. Let's have some decorum and stop stepping all over each other.

Good.

Now. Who wants to go first?

8-D
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
as722
My Feedback: (1)

I would go wigth something in the 60oz to 80oz range, that's all needed for an airplane this size.

Albert
Old 03-16-2007, 09:30 AM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

food for thought

Why just go with one that has the required amount of torque with the same weight as a stronger one. Do some research and get the strongest ones you can that weigh about the same. This will allow you to use them on a bigger plane when the time comes.

With that said, I am a very weight minded person....well at least with my planes. I typically try to get the lightest servos that I can as long as I feel confident that they are strong enough

So what help is any of this? Well, actually NONE until you determine what sort of flying you are going to be doing with this thing. If you are just a sunday flyer, you can lean toward the lower end of the torque range, but if you are a hard core 3Der, you want the best you can afford.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:34 PM
BPKlein
My Feedback: (1)

I have built 2 26% Caden Extra's. It has been some time (about 8-10 years), but I remeber using Futaba 9202's on the elevators and aileron's and a JR 4721 on the rudder. I know you said JR or Hitec, but this can get you close to a comparison. These servos were more than enough on this plane, and I am pretty hard on the sticks.

B.