Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

3w or DA

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 06:10 PM
lucas-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3w or DA

Is there any difference in power between 3W-100 & DA 100?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:43 PM
samsrc
My Feedback: (4)

Default 3w or DA

That's a loaded question Lucas, and you will probably start a huge debate between various lovers of their respected brand. I've been flying mainly 3W, and not because I think they are more superior, but just for the reason that I've owned them for years, with good success, so why change?? (If it's not broken, why fix it)

But I've seen both run, and what I can say is that they are both real good, top notch motors, and you will be happy with which ever you chose. As far as power is concerned they are both comparable. So what remains??

I would chose the one that is more prevalent in your local club, or the one that you feel will give you the best support. It's nice to go to the flying field and you see a few others out there, that you can compare numbers to, performance, etc.

Good luck with your choice though, and I'm sure you will be happy which ever one you choose.
Old 11-29-2002, 02:44 AM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default 3w or DA

Why buy what everyone else in the club has? If we followed that advice, we'd all still be flying Zenoah motors. Both the DA and 3W motors work very well. If it were me and it had to be one of these 2 brands, I'd pick the 3W - simply because it has more displacement and should be stronger.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:49 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Default 3w or DA

I don't see how you could go wrong with either, they are both great engines!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	38163_576.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	23805