Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Generic lipo storage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Generic lipo storage?

So i just got my lipo's in the mail and got a question about storage. Since this is technically a xmas gift the package is going to be wrapped and xmas is only a few days away so i think there fine as is, but i from what i have seen online should i put a balance/storage charge on them to protect them as a just in case. I know some of the shipping options would of taken a few weeks to ship so this is why i think they are fine in the box atm but would it be best to run a balance charge/storage on them before i put them away till xmas?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Generic lipo storage?

Don't worry man it's fine, just wrap em up. Imagine if they'd sat on the shop shelf til the 25th, they'd be fine.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Ducat1

they come with like 3.4v per cell for "storage" so itll be fine
Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be a good idea to at least give them a voltage "check" just in case there is a hokey cell. If they are around 3.7 then that is fine. If 1 cell was very low or very high then it would be nice to know it as soon as possible since that cell or pack may be suspect.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:16 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Check em and balance them and they will be good to go! No need to storage charge them unless they will be sitting for a couple months or longer. I do a storage charge on mine and keep them in the RC room at room temperature inside a ceramic baking pot.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Check em and balance them and they will be good to go! No need to storage charge them unless they will be sitting for a couple months or longer. I do a storage charge on mine and keep them in the RC room at room temperature inside a ceramic baking pot.

.....under ground... in a bomb shelter.... with 10ft thick lead and cement walls... with a 50,000CFM evac system...in antartica....

nothing wrong with being extra careful, but after launching a couple lipo's 20feet i dont fear them anymore, i DO charge them in a metal pot, and keep a recently launched lipo in quarentine in a pot for a couple days. other than that, i would sleep with a charged lipo under my pillow.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Ducat1

lol... i had one blow up as i pluged it into my car, it happened last month in my house and filled the house in like 20seconds, first ever that blew up scared the s**t out of me
Old 12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Ducat1

lol... i had one blow up as i pluged it into my car, it happened last month in my house and filled the house in like 20seconds, first ever that blew up scared the s**t out of me
lucky duck you are.