IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Houston IMAC flyers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 11:28 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston IMAC flyers

Interested in learning more about IMAC. Are there any active IMAC flyers in the Houston TX area?
Thanks,
Z
Old 01-03-2005, 07:36 PM
sir-crash-alot
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Houston IMAC flyers

do you fly at new waverly!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:01 PM
zx32tt

I generally fly at Scobee Field. NW RC, and Space City are also near my home.
Z
Old 01-05-2005, 06:00 PM
rwlewis

Me and several of my friends fly mostly pattern, but we own and regulary fly SA planes and would be very interested in flying in local IMAC events. However, none of us are in a position to organize an event.

I can think of five or six people from the two clubs I am in (SPARKS and Houston Sport Fliers) that would go to an IMAC event in Basic, Sportsman, and possibly even Intermediate.

I'm not sure if there is an IMAC chapter here, but I know that if I want to fly in an IMAC contest I've got to go to N. Dallas, Lubbock, etc...With Pattern, I can easily travel to Temple, Waco, Jetero, Sulphur La and Nederland. And if I want to travel a bit, Baton Rouge, Little Rock, and North Dallas.

It's obvious from the number of SA planes I see at the fields I go to here in Houston that an SA event should be viable. A couple of years ago, we went to a very well-attended event in Bryan-College Station, but it was only held that one year. It was a good event because it was earlier in the spring and lots of pilots came from as far as Dallas to begin their season.

In Pattern, We started last year with a Pattern primer and judging seminar at Scobee field in March and had 20 or more pilots show up - and it wasn't even a contest. We will be doing this again this March at Shively Field (Houston Sport Fliers). Maybe an informal, introductory type of IMAC event would be a good start.

As far as learning about IMAC and flying/judging - First get the sequences and read the Judging guide. Thenm find a freind to practice with. Even if you never go to a contest, it will make you a better pilot.

Richard
Tomball, TX
Old 01-05-2005, 07:13 PM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Still practicing here in houston....waiting for an IMAC event I can drive to......I sure miss the Barnstormers IMAC meets....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50209.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	211104  
Old 01-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Bill_Higgins

If you guy's get something going in the Houston area again, (primer or whatever) let me know in advance, and I'll try to make it.

Bill
Old 01-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Me too!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:26 AM
zx32tt

There seems to be some interest here, although I realize it takes more than a handful of IMAC flyers to make a meet successful. There are plenty of qualified pilots and planes in the Houston area. Not everyone likes the competetion side of it.
Z
Old 01-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Ryans Rebel

If a contest is organized in the Houston area, I'm sure you can count on 30 or so pilots showing up. Houston is a central location for Dallas, Shreveport, Lafayette, San Antonio, and others.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Bill_Higgins

ORIGINAL: zx32tt

There seems to be some interest here, although I realize it takes more than a handful of IMAC flyers to make a meet successful. There are plenty of qualified pilots and planes in the Houston area. Not everyone likes the competetion side of it.
Z
Z,

Most folks usually beleive that running an IMAC contest is alot tougher than it actually is. The common concern stems from the beleif that you have to find qualified club memebers to judge when in fact, pilot (or contestant) judging has become the norm. (Thank Goodness) Usually the club just has to be concerned with food, awards, scoring and paperwork. (That may be a litttle simplistic but you get the idea) I understand however about folks not being to keen for the competetion side of things. It's not for everyone......and that's ok.

Bill
Old 01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
bzrogers
My Feedback: (7)

IMAC GOOD
Old 01-08-2005, 01:15 AM
flyintexan

I wonder if there are any Houston guys out there that would be interested in testing this idea with their club???anyone???

I would guess that Barnstormers is definitely out (neighbors)....

SPARKS....neighbors may be a problem....???

Northwest r/c has a beautiful site and no neighbors?...

Scobee field?...

Jetero field?....

Bomber field would be an awesome site...?...

any comments from anyone who is affiliated with these clubs would be greatly appreciated...??

P.S. is there any info available to outline the setup of an IMAC meet?
Old 01-08-2005, 03:38 AM
MD80Drvr
My Feedback: (5)

If any of you guys in Houston want to put on a contest, get a location, date, and a little support from a club and we can make it happen.

As Bill remarked, Its not as big an undertaking as you might think.

If you have and questions, or need some direction, email or call me anytime.

Daniel Rathbun
SC Regional Director
[email protected]

Cell 432 352 4354
Old 01-08-2005, 09:51 PM
zx32tt

I think I can get the club, Bayou City Flyers to host the event. Scobee is a county controled field, BCF is the "resident" club. I'll ask around tomorrow and see if anyone is interested. This is starting to sound pretty good. Jetero is by far the most scenic, with a 1/2 mile landing aproach in any direction. But Scobee field is more centrally located, and would offer out-of-towners more accomodations, resturants, hotels etc. I would also need some help to coordinate the event with other IMAC events so that it's not too close or in conflict with a date thats already been established. Any thoughts as to when you would like it to be? Spring or fall? We fly year round at Scobee.
Z
Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 PM
bwick

We definitely need an IMAC event in houston. I usually fly at Jetero or sometime Barnstormers. Jetero would be an excellent field to have an IMAC event at if we could get it organized. It's an awesome field...

I would definitely be interested.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:06 PM
zx32tt

I agree that Jetero is an awesome place, and actually would be my preferance. Scobee has a very unforgiving "recovery area" should you happen to lose it over the swamp. Maybe someone from their club will see this and jump in.
Z
Old 01-08-2005, 10:32 PM
flyintexan

I wonder if someone knows BB Weber or the Bomber field crew??.. Couldn't hurt to ask them if they would like to host something...

Jetero seems like a great choice though. I know people there, and perhaps we could approach them at their next meeting.

-Mark
Old 01-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Ryans Rebel

Don't let it die here! Anyone made an y progress?

Ryan
Old 01-11-2005, 01:06 AM
flyintexan

Ryan,

I have spoken with a member of Jetero and I will attend their next meeting to propose the idea to their entire club. The meeting however, is not until near the end of this month. I am seeking help from anyone in the Houston area that has helped or run an IMAC event that could accompany myself and a friend to the Jetero meeting....anyone??>.....feel free to send me a PM....

-Mark
Old 01-19-2005, 12:08 AM
TXDA2000
My Feedback: (2)

Houston guys.

There seems to be several guys working on this in Houston. Mark, sent you an email.

We have plenty of open dates on the schedule. Be sure and contact ME asap and I'll nail down some dates for you. I set the schedule so its a good place to start!

There is an abundance of resources on the IMAC website that detail running a contest. mini-iac.com. Pull down the rules dropdown menu and you will find the CD Corner.

Keep it alive guys, its more than a reality!

Daniel Rathbun
South Central Regional Director
Cell 432 352 4354
[email protected]
Old 01-19-2005, 08:02 AM
flyintexan

We are still awaiting the club meeting to propose the IMAC event idea. If it goes well, we will be shooting for a meet in September or later. That date depends on the club's approval, current SC IMAC schedule, etc.

-Mark
Old 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in for a Houston event, Ill even help organize it if needed. I just posted a thread the other day looking for local IMAC events around Houston. If you can guarantee good attendance Im sure we can even host an event in Nederland. Mark if you guys decide to do it and you need any help just let me know. From what I saw the SC IMAC schedule is wide open. Looks like Im about to join IMAC too.

Mike
Old 01-25-2005, 12:15 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey there,

I am going to be pitching the IMAC event idea to the JEtero membership at the club meeting Thursday. I feel fairly good about the response I might get and will even have the sanction paperwork ready for mailing if the event gets approved. We have a successful(well run) pattern contest in the summer and our field seems to lend itself well to this type of competition. If all goes well I am looking at an early October window for the event take place. I will keep you posted.........

John Forestieri
AMA 4216
Old 01-25-2005, 12:27 PM
wgeffon

Dan,

Watch out for 4u2nV. He is a trouble maker.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 PM
mwick

John:

Although I am a fairly new member at Jetero, I plan on being at the meeting and lending any support needed.

Mike Wickizer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.