Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 09:42 PM
yunt2chat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Line

Has anyone ever used weedeater fuel line on their nitro vehicles. It's the same size and looks like it will work but I don't know if it may get soft or clot up inside. It's easier to get as we do not have a hobby shop nearby. Thanks for helping out. Tony
Old 02-05-2003, 10:05 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Fuel Line

No...I sure haven't tried it.

One thing I would wonder about is.....when your running a gas engine....you cannot use RC car fuel line with gas as it will ruin it. What I am not sure of...is if the RC fuel would ruin the weed eater fuel line? You could place a small piece into some RC fuel....let is set....and see what it does to it.

Anyone out there know the answer to this question?
Old 02-05-2003, 10:05 PM
kyokai2

Default Fuel line?

I wouldnt use it, the ID of the fuel line is important and so is the length. Take the drive and get the right stuff.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:12 PM
yunt2chat

Default Fuel Line

I let it set for 2 hours, I noticed the fuel line was kinda hard before and just alittle softer afterwards. Keep in mind it still was not as soft as the original fuel line.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:44 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Fuel line

You may not have a Hobby shop near by but you certianly have UPS.

Http://www.towerhobbies.com has a plethora of Fuel line and can be at your door in a couple of days.

Your next question will be....They have so many brands, I dont know what to get!

Most of its the same stuff, I use Prather fuel line and sullivan fuel tanks and filters...I get paid to say that by the way...J/k

http://www.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-cat-p2.html

Just about anything will work, I would suggest medium size line and grab your favorite color.

Poke around the Tower site before placing your order, they have just about anything you could possibly need for your hobby.

They do also offer merchandise discounts and discounts on shipping if you join up as a Tower member.

I wont mention all the free stuff Im gettin for being a member this month.

Dbow