Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Painting

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
speedmistro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting

Hi dose anyone know any videos I can download or tutorials to how to spray paint a design onto a model. I'm looking at spraying my ARC Modelfly jupiter blue but with yellow triangles on the wing.

I'd really appreciate the help I don't want to ruin my new model by a poor paint job thanks
Old 12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Charlie P.

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Painting

Don't know of any on the Internet, and couldn't find anything here in the "How To" articles. I have Harry Higley's "Tom's Techniques" and "No Secrets Finishing" that I run to with painting issues. I'm certainly no authority (shake the can of TopFlite Lusterkote 'till the ball rattles and then spray in straight, level passes starting before and ending after the piece - that's the extent of my painting knowledge).
Old 12-16-2006, 06:31 AM
speedmistro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh right thanks Ill have a look around for the books
Old 12-16-2006, 05:47 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave Platt has a series of videos called the Black Arts Series. He has a 3 video set called Detailing & Painting Techniques which covers topics such as painting pilots and cockpits, adding molded details, Priming, panel joints, hatches, fillets, riveting, color mixing, lettering, camouflage, sqwadron badges, insignias and weathering.
They can be found here:

www.daveplattmodels.com.

Scott