Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Sig AeroKote problems

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Sig AeroKote problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 07:14 PM
sarakj48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig AeroKote problems

I have used Monocote exclusively with good results but thought I would try Sig AeroKote on my latest project a Sig Kadet 25 converted to electric. I used A transparent Green for the wing and white for the fuselage I trimmed the fuselage with the transparent green, and the wing with white. The problem is that the trim will not adhere to the AeroKote film, it seem to but with a bit of encouragement will peel right off. Monocote bonds and cannot be removed. I am afraid that the duribility of the trim will not last. Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing somthing wrong? The AeroKote takes less heat than monocote and will burn if too much is applied. The streach seem to be less than Monocote. I am very dissapointed with AeroKote and will not use it again.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig AeroKote problems

I've only used Aerocoat once, but in a very difficult application. I covered an ABS cowl and I was very pleased with the results. I've not tried your particular application, so I can't comment on that. My biggest problem with Aerocoat is that it seems (I haven't actually checked) to be quie heavey.

Frankly, ultracoat is still my very favorite.
Walt