Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Gear doors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:08 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gear doors?

Hi, my friend and I are trying to make some kind of modification to let the tail door open when gear is down in a Fiber Classic P-51. OK we have done the test for the mains but can not figure how to make the tail door open. We are using up-2 valve. This valve control the secuence for the gears and doors. I found in the jet forum a way on how to keep that third door open using a micro switch for the door that will remain open. I'm planning to use this in my Panther. I know how to make the bracket for the micro switch air valve.But still having problems in how to conect the air lines in order for the micro swicth do the job. This micro switch is install in some way that the stut will depress the knob when is retracted and it's suppose to restric the flow of air so the door stay open. Any body had try this? What I need is some diagram in how to set up the air lines for the doors. Thanks in advance.

Rgds
Alejandro