Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Recommendations for RC Beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
BBDartCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for RC Beginner?

&lt;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">&lt;meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">&lt;meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">&lt;meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext> </w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:compatibility><w:br eakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit></w:compatibility><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel></w:worddocument></xml><![endif]><![if gte mso 9]><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="156" deflockedstate="false"></w:latentstyles></xml><![endif]><style type="text/css"><! Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}@page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}div.Section1 {page:Section1;}></style><![if gte mso 10]><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;</style><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">Hello, I would like to have recommendations for a methanol / nitro (anything but electric) off road kit. Need the car (4x4 preffered) and all the accessories. Would like to know how much we should spend and good sites to buy the stuff. This is for a 6 year old for occasional use. Not high end stuff, just something we can tool around in and smell the Klotz fumes. Thanks!</span></meta&gt;</meta&gt;</meta&gt;</meta&gt;
Old 11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
theRCreverend

Default RE: Recommendations for RC Beginner?

my first recommendation is to post something that makes sense
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

If it's just something to mess around with, I would suggest getting a ready to run (RTR) truck. I don't know too much about brands, but get a name band item, not some obscure ride. Check your local hobby shop (LHS) and see what they have. It's always better to get something that they carry parts for. And do your research!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 AM
burnineyes

I know nitro seems cool and all, but for a 6 year old I would steer clear of them. You will only make the experience a bad one. Start him/her with electric and then when he/she is older they can try nitro if they are still interested. If it must be a nitro I recommend anything from Ofna, they come with most items you will need in the box and are pretty reliable. Ideally you should find a hobby shop in your area and shop there, that way you know you can get parts when it breaks something.