Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

when should i replace break pads?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM
bray 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when should i replace break pads?

after about how many gallons of gas should i get new break pads and if my breaks dont work well how can i make the breaks work better? without getting stuck on too much at idle??
Old 08-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Foxtrap

Default RE: when should i replace break pads?

i replace mine when they wear right through...just keep adjusting them up till they do that.

i actually took my dual disc setup, and epoxied the two discs together and run two pads instead of three ...this way you go through less...

there is a "how to" somewhere on how to make new pads with gasket maker sheets also....pretty straight forward...and one sheet is pads for life!

cheers, and good luck
Stephen_
Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: when should i replace break pads?

ORIGINAL: bray 1

after about how many gallons of gas should i get new break pads and if my breaks dont work well how can i make the breaks work better? without getting stuck on too much at idle??
It totally depends on how hard you are on the brakes. If you are moderate to light on the brake trigger when you are hitting the brakes, they can last 5 gallons. For a speed demon and stop-on-a-dime kind of guy like I am, then you can expect to replace those pads like every 5-10 TANKS!