Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hornet2 w/phoenix 25

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hornet2 w/phoenix 25

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 AM
lowpass 202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hornet2 w/phoenix 25

I`m setting up my new Hornet with the MS-001 motor and phoenix 25 controller, i`m using 3-cell kokam 1500.
The controller is set to governor low RPM, (correct?) From other post I have figured that the ESC might give 100% output well before 100% on throttlecurve. I set a flat curve at about 50% and the motor seemed to keep racing up and up forever and only stopped as the rotor tried to take my arm off at the elbow, (STUPID!!) that ended the 12 tooth pinion and my testing.

Does anyone know what would be a good startingpoint for the throttlecurve?
Would you use the same headspeed in all flightmodes? 2000 rpm?
Which pinion should I use?
I want to set up 3 flightmodes like on my Raptor and let only NORMAL mode stop the motor at 0% throttle, is this sensible?

Any input on this subject would be greatly appretiated!

(Maybe I should have mentioned right of that I`m totally new to electric heli but that seems redundant now. :-) )

Thanks; Lowpass