Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need major help, From everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Shadenfraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need major help, From everyone

I just got a Nitro rustler 2 weeks ago. It runs fantastic and I am in love with it, I treat it like a son. I am very low on money at the moment, and want a car that can take more, climb more, and faster.

This is why, I am making my own car!
I plan on buying seperate everything, putting it together and making the car thats just right, but I need some opinions on what parts I should get too. I am planning on using either the HPI-Nitro Star S-25, or the O.S .21 RG-X as the engine. Both very powerful, great speed, and great reviews. I want this to be an offroad truck, a Stadium Truck/Monster truck. Kind of like the Stadium Maxx, except faster and better. Please help me out with this. First I need to know what kind of the following I need. Im starting out with the simpler stuff!

Chassis:

Engine:

PLEASE OFFER SUGGESTIONS OF ANY QUALITY PART YOU CAN THINK OF THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THIS CAR!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:12 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Need major help, From everyone

This is why, I am making my own car!
I plan on buying seperate everything, putting it together and making the car thats just right, but I need some opinions on what parts I should get too. I am planning on using either the HPI-Nitro Star S-25, or the O.S .21 RG-X as the engine. Both very powerful, great speed, and great reviews. I want this to be an offroad truck, a Stadium Truck/Monster truck. Kind of like the Stadium Maxx, except faster and better. Please help me out with this. First I need to know what kind of the following I need. Im starting out with the simpler stuff!

Chassis:

Engine:

PLEASE OFFER SUGGESTIONS OF ANY QUALITY PART YOU CAN THINK OF THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THIS CAR!
You state your low on money, not sure how low were talking. But instead of this I reccomend you just get yourself a Savage, Revo, or MGT. It will be easier for you, and you should seek the performance you want out of any of them. However, IMO the best all around vehicle is the HPI Hellfire.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a Rustler 2, whatever that is, are on a low budget, and you want to build your own RC?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:29 PM
-Inverted-

You have a Rustler 2
a "rustler" "2 weeks ago"
Old 04-01-2006, 11:58 PM
JeepGuyNJ
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like your looking for a truggy!! It will be SO much cheaper to buy one already built than it would be to peice one together. But hey...you might be looking for the fun of building it.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:59 PM
The_Collector

Yea, man, didn't you hear about it? The Rustler 2...with a fuel injected TRX 3.8 and a 4 speed gearbox.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:56 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making your own car will be much more expensive (and cost more in the long run) then buying a full kit or RTR off the shelf. That's just the way it is.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Shadenfraud

Whats this "Rustler 2" you guys speak of? lol! I never heard of a 3.8 either, didnt they Just come out with the 3.3 not long ago?
Old 04-02-2006, 11:08 AM
-Inverted-

I just got a Nitro rustler 2 weeks ago.
Whats this "Rustler 2"
I just got a Nitro "rustler" "2 weeks ago", not rustler 2......
Old 04-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Shadenfraud

Ohh... my mistake, forgot the comma! Lol![:@][:@]
Old 04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Spentona

back to the topic in hand instaed of buying parts and slowly building up frankensteins monster which will be expensive, may not handle very well, may be heavier and probably not as much fun as your rustler why not look at thunder tigers MTA4 (the same as an MGT but cheaper!!!) Spares are easy to get because if they aint got the MTA4 part in stock then they may have the equililent MGT.

Otherwise why not just upgrade your rustler????
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Shadenfraud

Well, I am mainly looking for a building experience here, not just fun driving. And I dont want a kit either...there evil. I already ordered the chassis I want to build it on, the Nitro RS4 chassis. It has alot of room, looks weird, but still gets the job done. Im going to get a 3 channel radio for it, but... what engin?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:17 AM
-Inverted-

Well, I am mainly looking for a building experience here, not just fun driving. And I dont want a kit either
Ooooookkkk........
Old 04-05-2006, 10:32 AM
nitromacguyver

i can see you spending what little money you have on some parts and trying to build a car and then finding out that it doesnt fit together. you just got into this hobby 2 weeks ago. you need to calm down and figure out how to separate your ideas from your dreams. if your going to try to build a car piece by piece for cheaper than buying one then your in for a wake up call. people buy new cars and part them out on ebay (selling each individual part ) and make decent profits because the total of each part is much more than the whole car.

you have a stadium truck and want something that can go more extreme off road. get a truggy or a monster truck. you said you have limited $$ so i would recommend the Cen MT2 or the Magnum (almost same thing)

as far as getting a building experiance, you need to get a kit. then from that you can customize it by buying parts or making your own. for a monster truck kit i must say that the only one that i know of is the savage SS.

how old are you?
Old 04-05-2006, 10:43 AM
-Inverted-

Exactly, he's in for a real shocker when he finds the real cost of doing a project like this. You've owned a rustler for 2 weeks, and I dont know if you have enough know-how to put a car together. Just a word of warning this is the most expensive way, so I hope your budget was at least $500
Old 04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Shadenfraud

Im not doing this to save money. Ive been in this hobby since I was 9, so Ive been doing this for 4 years. I upgraded my RC10T3 with the basics, built a couple traxxas and 1 tamiya kit and drove for a pretty long time. Im just trying to make a car that fits me in every way.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 AM
-Inverted-

Ok, it just sounded like you were on a real tight budget.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Viper_t3

If you want to build your onw, get yourself a kit, if you want something thats good out of the box, get a revo!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 AM
nitromacguyver

well to fit in every way most people will need several vehicals. if something is designed to do many things it often does them all in an equally pathetic manner.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 PM
muffman

I been at this a long time and must agree with the rest of this world.
Although I do have an idea................. Buy a RTR your choice, parts support
at your LHS could aid in that decision.Then take it apart and put it back together again
Bingo just like a kit but you know right off the bat all parts fit,and there should be no left
over parts !!!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
running_gag

ORIGINAL: The_Collector

Yea, man, didn't you hear about it? The Rustler 2...with a fuel injected TRX 3.8 and a 4 speed gearbox.

Dude, I am so getting one. Can I retro fit the injectors onto a 2.5?