Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Ti Boom Guard

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Ti Boom Guard

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
RandyT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ti Boom Guard

For those of you who don't venture over to RC Groups, after one of those little boom strikes that took out my C/F boom, I started looking into Bret's Ti booms. Well seeing that it might not fit on my Crooked Crutch with Crazy Case, without boring out all the boom mounts, plus I already had a C/F boom on order, I came up with this idea and asked Bret if it could be done. He came up with this. To me it looks much better then the vinyl tubing with zipties, and it's taken a few hits and has held up. One of them I chopped the throttle from head high to see if it would really hold up to a major strike. It's still in the testing stages, and is not going to be bulletproof like a full Ti boom, but I think it's going to eliminate those little nagging strikes that seem to find a way to crack your boom. It will also slip over an aluminum boom, but a little more tape is need then on a C/F boom to take up some space. If your interested contact Bret at Chopper-1.org
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65947.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	282183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88821.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	282184