Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

DO-335 build

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO-335 build

thought I'd drop a pic of the Do-335 I'm working on.
I've got the wing glassed and starting to prime.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11498.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	264235  
Old 04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
DamonTX

Default RE: DO-335 build

Looks nice, is that from a kit, plans or did you design it? What engines are you planning for it?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Damon
It's from Al Master's plans. It's 58" WS & length. Takes .25's, but I've got a .32 for up front
(yeah, big upgrade from 25 ) I put SpringAir retracts in and the wing is foam instead of being built-up, the plans show flaps but I don't intend to put them in. I hope to finish it soon, depends on how quickly I can paint the 2 190-D9's I'm also working on.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Muxje

Nice plane I'm planning to build one from the exact same plans (as soon as I finish my Hawk Major). Already have the plans and I ordered pre-made engine nacelles. If I remember correctly, the front engine can be anything from a .25 to a .40. I'm thinking 4-strokes though

Have you already decided on a paint scheme?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Just a standard factory finish, lt blue bottom two shades of green overall. Plans really show 2
.25's with plain bushed engine in back. Too much weight in tail with 4 stroke for me. Plus you may need to minor redesign to accommodate one in the rear. I know of a larger one(2 .60 size engines) that the guy put 2 .70 4 strokes and he said he needed to modify the tail somewhat.
Work has slowed as I got a hair for something else but I've started to glass the rest of the plane and will continue to work on it. I know it's not best I build a couple of planes at once.