Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Kit for MVVS 58 IMAC, 3D

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 PM
whaturi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit for MVVS 58 IMAC, 3D

hi guys, i would like to build a kit this winter and have an MVVS 58 for it. i know that this is a strange size, and have looked around. does anyone haev any suggestions? i would like the plane for IMAC but also very 3D capable. I don't want a Wildhare ARF only because i want to build it. i would go with one of those otherwise. Is it hopless? should i try to sell the engine and get a DA 100 and build a carden?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: Kit for MVVS 58 IMAC, 3D

maybe something like this? I had the ARF and it was 22lbs and a rocket with a 3w 75, I am sure if could be built lighter and be awesome on the 58 and a can.

http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=258

or one of these

http://aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=196
Old 07-25-2006, 07:31 AM
whaturi

thanks for the links. i don't want an edge but that does look like a nice fit for the engine.

for the columbo anderson 31% extra, i am interested. i checked over some posts and was surprised to see people coming in at 19 pounds with this plane after a little lightening. i had my MVVS 58 in an aerotech 28% yak that weighed 18 pounds and the power was just right for 3d. if i was to get this kit and build it extremely light, i could get it to 19 pounds for sure. i was surprised to see a 93 inch wingspan plane come in so light.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
calnev4bob

I HAVE MY MVVS58 IN A WILD HARE 300 LX. IT FIT EASILY AND WILL DO ANY PATTERN WITHOUT GOING TO FULL THROTTLE AND LANDS BEAUTIFULLY EVEN WITH THE LITTLE EXTRA WEIGHT OF THIS ENGINE. WHAT I LIKE BEST IS THE EASE OF STARTING THIS ENGINE PROVIDES.