Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

J1300r

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 02:52 PM
RCPilot1726

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J1300r

Hey guys, recently acquired a 1300R and was wondering what exactly is needed for Xicoy upgrade. I have seen the post that shows parameters, but not sure on what is needed to buy in the first place. Also wondering if it involves not using propane to start. Thanks in advance. Please advise
Old 09-10-2020, 09:38 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably need:
FADEC ECU, thermocouple, propane solenoid, fuel solenoid, and the RPM sensor board.

The stock TEMS ECU will have a thermnocouple that is ungrounded, and it MUST be ungrounded to work on a TEMS. (the shielding is not in contact with either of the leads within the thermocouple.) The thermocouple with a FADEC will be a K-type as well, but I'm not sure if it needs to be grounded or ungrounded (or if it even matters in that case). With the TEMS, if it had a grounded thermocouplle, it would cause a ground loop between the starter motor and the EGT, which made the ECU go haywire on startup.

Next, the TEMS ECU's RPM board may or may not be compatible. They are very similar circuits, but best to stick with the FADEC's hardware.

the Pump is probably transferable to the new ECU.

You are making a wise choice in swapping to a FADEC. Its a far superior ECU. (Like 10 years ago i use to service the older TEMS units...)
KW
The following users liked this post:
RCPilot1726 (09-13-2020)