Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Use of Trainer cable with computers

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Use of Trainer cable with computers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
TheDarkLorax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use of Trainer cable with computers

I am currently working on a project building a RC submarine and I am interested if anyone has tinkered with somehow connecting a PC(computer) to an RC transmitter via trainer cable.
Or even if anyone knows of the types of signals transmitted using the cable (what formats, if any)

My goal is to use a compter program to control the sub through the transmitter.

Any information, even the slightest bit would be much appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:01 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Use of Trainer cable with computers

Look at some of teh cables made for teh flight sims software. Usually two pins from the back of teh Tx and a little circuitry gets you plugged into the serial port. But, also watch out for your operating system. Win 95 or 98, and you can plug in with a few resistors / a simple circuit. Win 2k, NT, or XP require a more elabnorate circuit, and its own driver chip (PIC chip & program) to work properly.. Plans are available, but ya gotta look for 'em! Check the FMS flight sim page..
Old 06-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Deadeye

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Use of Trainer cable with computers

I read your post as you wanting to control the sub using a PC program through the transmitter. This means that you would need to output to the TX, and override the controls so the PC does the inputs? If so, I think what you are looking for would have to be a cu$tom made jobby. What dr. wogz is refering to is an INPUT cable, not an OUTPUT cable. However, if he answered your question; meaning you want to control a sub on a PC with your TX, then ignore what I said.