Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Bob Dively Pitts Special

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 09:19 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Dively Pitts Special

Hey Guys, I am thinking of buying one of the Bob Dively Pitts Kits. Anyone out there that have built this model and can comment on fit and quality of the kit, plans and instructions. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Bob Dively Pitts Special

Do you have a link to where the bipe is featured?

Neo
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
ChickenStick Rick

www.bobdivelymodels.com
Old 02-05-2005, 08:21 PM
ChickenStick Rick

Guys,
I know some of you guys have built this plane. It has been around for many years. Let me know some details on quality. Thanks Again
Old 11-19-2005, 09:44 PM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

I have one that I bought from a good friend. He built it and has flown it for a few years and it flys vary well.The only thing I can see that is the week point is the center cabin and the aliron control horns.They are made of some type of black plastic and brake over time. The control horns have not broke but are cracked. The center cabin I have removed and have been trying to see if I can get a new one from Bob Dively. If not I think I will make one from aluminum flat stock. The wood is vary good quality.
ORIGINAL: ChickenStick Rick

Guys,
I know some of you guys have built this plane. It has been around for many years. Let me know some details on quality. Thanks Again
Old 01-07-2008, 04:00 AM
TCrafty

Lazy Eight,

Did you ever get your Dively pitts flying? What engine did you use? I've got a pile of glued together stix that I'm considering putting together with help from my dad. He's the builder of the bunch. The airframe is mostly done with some hangar rash that will have to be repaired and I've got a cowl on the way. I was thinking of running a G-62 in it, sheeting the fuse with ply and using monocote instead of aluminum. Hopefully I can keep the wieght down so that the Zenoah will fly it okay. I'm even thinking of covering this one like the original Pitts Number One. My dad is scratch building one for me right now that will only have a 60 inch wing and will look like Number one. Very cool looking plane and quite different from all those Red/White pitts out there.