Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > TJT Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

TJT-3000 Eagle - FADEC Accel/Decel Settings

Community
Search
Notices
TJT Turbine Direct Support Ask your questions about TJT turbine in this forum. All I-Jets related questions may be asked here if relevant or in the general jet forum.

TJT-3000 Eagle - FADEC Accel/Decel Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 206 Likes on 126 Posts
Default TJT-3000 Eagle - FADEC Accel/Decel Settings

Hi guys,
I'm sure this forum doesn't get too much traffic, but I'm curious of those who may still be using this turbine, what values for this setting is being used? The settings I had from the factory (distributor FTE) are 42 and 40 for accel and decel.

I've since lowered mine to 32 and 30 currently (in attempt to speed up accel and decel), and have flown with those settings. Since the turbine is now installed and in a bypass, I'm much less tempted to fiddle with the values (unless running on a stand again).

Are users out there going much below these settings?

Thanks! [8D]
Old 09-05-2007, 01:43 AM
JET FX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TJT-3000 Eagle - FADEC Accel/Decel Settings

Hi Ron, Theres plenty of TJT's in the field currently and likley will be for a long time to come as they have proven to be one of the most durable engines yet produced. For future reference though... TJT service and spare parts back up is now being handled by JET FX Australia we are the new authorized TJT global service centre. As to correct parameter settings for optimum performance please use these FADEC settings as good starting point references for your TJT-3000.

Set Acceleration delay to 35
Deceleration Delay to 35
Stability delay to 12
Max temp 800
Min Temp 250
Min rpm 30,000
Max RPM 126000
Pump start point Auto +2

Hope this helps,

All the best-
Marty Cowan
JET FX Australia
Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 206 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks again Marty! [8D]
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 AM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Marty, I have just been given a 3000 in bits. An guy gave up and passed it to me. I have tried contacting you through the profile page without any luck. My own TJT is still running sweet and the one I have been given looks to be fine and was dismantled to change the bearings. Is there an exploded view of the shaft/bearings/ thrust washer assemblies available so I don't get it wrong? If not, can you tell me the sequence of assembly? I have two new bearings, two wavy washers, one cross shaped washer and two aluminium rings the same size as the bearing outer race. and the two bearing housings. Which direction is the thrust on both bearings? Regards Ron